Yale POWER offers training for undergraduates, graduate students (psychology practica and allied health disciplines), and post-doctoral trainees. Please contact Dr. Lydecker for more information or to apply (email@example.com).
- Undergraduate clinical-research internship during the academic year: We offer semester-long internships in the Fall and Spring for undergraduate students. Students must be enrolled in an independent study (tutorial) course at their institution (Yale or other university). Time commitment depends on parameters of the independent study/tutorial. Students interested in learning about clinical research on eating disorders, obesity, and weight bias will have an opportunity to help with large-scale research trials and complete a mentored research project.
- Undergraduate intensive summer clinical-research internship: Students interested in patient-oriented research on eating disorders, obesity and weight bias are encouraged to apply by Feb 1 for our intensive summer internship. The internship is 32 hours/week for 10 weeks and involves research activities related to NIH-funded trials and group research projects. Interns will also have the opportunity to complete an individual project from start (generating hypotheses) to finish (presenting findings).
- Graduate students in clinical psychology: We offer clinical-research training in behavioral and cognitive treatments for binge-eating disorder and obesity (behavioral weight loss and cognitive-behavioral therapy), as well as clinical assessment. Training and supervision is provided by licensed Yale faculty. Minimum commitment is 10 hours/week for 1 year.
- Graduate students in allied health professions: We offer clinical-research training in behavioral and cognitive treatments and/or brief clinical interviewing and/or research assistant positions depending on the needs of Yale POWER and trainees’ interests. Past graduate students have been enrolled in a variety of Yale programs, including: nursing, physician assistant, and public health disciplines. Minimum commitment is 5 hours/week for 1 semester (2 semesters or more preferred).
- Advanced graduate students in clinical psychology: We offer clinical-research training and supervision for graduate students who are near to completion of their PhD and wish to work full-time in a clinical-research setting (4 or 5 days/week). Opportunities for involvement in publishing and/or grant-writing may be possible depending on trainee interest and experience. Minimum commitment is 1 year.
- Post-doctoral trainees: We offer training and clinical-research opportunities for individuals who have completed their PhD in psychology (Clinical, Counseling, or Health) or related disciplines and have an interest in obesity, disordered eating, and eating disorders. Postdocs work closely with Yale faculty and other pre-doctoral and post-doctoral trainees and are ideal for individuals who wish to pursue clinical-research careers. Minimum commitment 1 year (2 years preferred). To apply, please send a CV and statement of interest to Dr. Grilo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Advanced Externship Psychology Practicum ("Pre-Doc") Positions in Eating/Weight Disorders, Yale University School of Medicine
The Department of Psychiatry at the Yale School of Medicine is seeking qualified candidates for Advanced Externship Practicum ("Pre-Doc") opportunities in eating disorders and obesity. These positions are ideal for advanced graduate students in clinical/health/counseling psychology and will provide intensive training to individuals interested in careers in clinical practice and research in academic medical school and university settings. Learn more
Postdoctoral Psychology Associates:
The Program for Obesity, Weight, and Eating Research (POWER) at the Yale School of Medicine has several open postdoctoral positions. To apply, please email Dr. Grilo at email@example.com, Dr. Ivezaj at firstname.lastname@example.org (Bariatric positions) or Dr. Lydecker at email@example.com (Child positions) with a statement of interests and curriculum vitae.
- Bariatric Postdoctoral Associate, Clinical emphasis
- Bariatric Postdoctoral Associate, Clinical-research emphasis
- Adult binge-eating disorder Postdoctoral Associate, Clinical emphasis
- Adult binge-eating disorder Postdoctoral Associate, Clinical-research emphasis
- Child (teen) eating disorder Postdoctoral Associate, Clinical-research emphasis
- CBT therapist Postdoctoral Associate
The Program for Obesity, Weight, and Eating Research (POWER) at the Yale School of Medicine is seeking qualified candidates for positions coordinating clinical trials treating eating disorders and obesity. These positions are ideal for recent graduates from bachelor’s or master’s programs who intend to pursue doctoral work in clinical or counseling psychology, epidemiology, or psychiatry. Learn more