Psychiatry Grand Rounds
The Psychiatry Department's Grand Rounds are typically held on Friday mornings, between September and June, in the auditorium of the Connecticut Mental Health Center. To see the details of upcoming Grand Rounds and other department events, please visit the department's web calendar.
A lunch is often hosted after Grand Rounds for outside Yale speakers. Psychiatry Department trainees and junior faculty who may be interested in attending should email email@example.com.
Archive of Psychiatry Grand Rounds
Below is an archive of past Grand Rounds. Links will take you to a video of a presentation. The Department will continue to add talks as they are digitized.
- Resident Grand Rounds
2021 Psychiatry Grand Rounds
- June 25, 2021: Mary C. Gentile, PhD, Creator/Director, Giving Voice to Values Professor of Practice, University of Virginia-Darden School of Business: Inaugural Toksoz Byram Karasu, MD, Academic Leadership Lecture: "Giving Voice to Values: The 'How' of Values Driven Leadership"
- June 18, 2021: Ruth Shim, MD, MPH, Luke & Grace Kim Professor in Cultural Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences; Associate Dean of Diverse and Inclusive Education, University of California, Davis School of Medicine: Yale Psychiatry Residency Program Commencement: "Bending the Arc: The Path to Social Justice in Mental Health"
- June 11, 2021: Kay M. Tye, PhD, Wylie Vale Professor, Systems Neuroscience Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies: John P. Flynn, PhD Lecture: "Neural Circuits of Motivational Valance Processing"
- June 4, 2021: John H. Krystal, MD, Robert L. McNeil, Jr. Professor of Translational Research and Professor of Psychiatry and of Neuroscience; Chair, Yale Department of Psychiatry: State of the Department
- May 28, 2021: Emily Olfson, MD, PhD; Zachary Harvanek, MD, PhD; Albert Higgins-Chen, MD, PhD; Peter Na, MD, MPH; Ryan O'Dell, MD, PhD: 2021 Seymour L. Lustman, MD, PhD, Resident Research Awards
- May 21, 2021: Irvin D. Yalom, MD, Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry, Stanford University: Inaugural Toksoz Byram Karasu Lectureship in Psychosocial Studies: A Matter of Death and Life: A Conversation With Dr. Irvin Yalom
- May 14, 2021: Suchitra Krishnan-Sarin, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine: Contemporary Issues in the Regulation of Tobacco Products
- May 7, 2021: Wendy K. Silverman, PhD, Alfred A. Messer Professor of Child Psychiatry, Yale Child Study Center: Augmenting, Dismantling, Disseminating: Clinical Discoveries in Pediatric Anxiety Experimental Psychotherapeutics
- April 30, 2021: Arthur Evans, Jr., PhD, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Vice President, American Psychological Association: Addressing the Nation's Behavioral Health Pandemic: The Need for a Population Health Perspective
- April 23, 2021: Tarana Burke, founder, "me too.": Holding Mental Health Systems Accountable to Black Women Survivors
- April 16, 2021: Raymond F. Patterson, MD, DLFAPA, Faculty, St. Elizabeths Hospital Department of Behavioral Health, Washington, DC: Our Role in the Development of Mental Health Services in Corrections
- April 9, 2021: Mark Olfson, MD, MPH, Elizabeth K. Dollard Professor of Psychiatry, Medicine, and Law; Professor of Epidemiology, CUMC, Columbia University, New York State Psychiatric Institute: Socioeconomic Adversity and Deaths of Despair
- March 26, 2021: Iva GreyWolf, PhD, Psychologist, Society of Indian Psychologists: Stepping Into the Light to Work Together
- March 19, 2021: Michael Higley, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Neuroscience, Yale School of Medicine: Multiscale Imaging: Revealing Links Between Neuronal Networks, Behavior, and Disease
- March 12, 2021: Michael Sernyak, Jr., MD, Professor of Psychiatry, Deputy Chair for Clinical Affairs and Program Development, Yale Department of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine; CEO, Connecticut Mental Health Center; Luming Li, MD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine; Associate Medical Director of Quality Improvement, Yale Psychiatric Hospital; Medical Director of Clinical Operations, Yale New Haven Health; Eric D. A. Hermes, MD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine and VA Connecticut Healthcare System; John Cahill, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine; Medical Director, STEP Clinic and Acute Services Division, CMHC Chief of Behavioral Health, Continuum of Car, Inc.; Tobias Wasser, MD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine; Associate Program Director, Yale Psychiatry Residency Program, Adult Psychiatry: Crossing the Quality Chasm in Psychiatry: Quality Improvement Projects Across Multiple Health Systems
- March 5, 2021: Erin S. Calipari, PhD, Assistant Professor of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt School of Medicine: A Novel Computational Framework for the Role of Dopamine in Learning and Memory
- February 26, 2021: Linda Mayes, MD, Arnold Gesell Professor of Child Psychiatry, Pediatrics and Psychology, Yale Child Study Center; Chair, Yale Child Study Center; and Andrea Terrillion, JD, Director, Professionalism and Leadership Development, Yale School of Medicine Office of Academic Professionalism and Development: The Office of Academic Professionalism and Development: Fostering a Shared Vision of Professionalism at the Yale School of Medicine
- February 19, 2021: Karyn M. Frick, PhD, Distinguished Professor, Department of Psychology; Director, Neuroendocrinology of Memory Lab, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee: Estrogens and Memory: Translating Basic Research into Therapies for Memory Dysfunction and Menopause
- February 12, 2021: Michael Summers, PhD, Professor, University of Maryland BC: The Meyerhoff Scholars Program: A Successful and Replicable Program for Enhancing Diversity in STEM
- February 5, 2021: Debra Kaysen, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences (Public Mental Health & Population Sciences), Stanford University Medical Center: Comfortably Numb: Research on the Etiology and Treatment of Comorbid PTSD and Alcohol Use Disorders
- January 29, 2021: Karestan Koenen, PhD, Professor of Psychiatric Epidemiology, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health: Trauma and Women's Health: Within and Across Generations
- January 22, 2021: Nancy J. Brown, MD, Jean and David W. Wallace Dean of the Yale School of Medicine; C.N.H. Long Professor of Internal Medicine: Dean's Address: State of the Medical School
- January 15, 2021: Jehannine Austin, PhD, Professor, Department of Medical Genetics, The University of British Columbia: Clinical Applications of Psychiatric Genetics: Improving Patient Outcomes Through Psychiatric Genetic Counseling
- January 8, 2021: Sally Satel, MD, Lecturer in Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine: My Year Abroad: Ironton, Ohio and Lessons from the Opioid Crisis