Psychiatry Grand Rounds
The Psychiatry Department's Grand Rounds are typically held on Friday mornings, between September and June, in the auditorium of the Connecticut Mental Health Center. To see the details of upcoming Grand Rounds and other department events, please visit the department's web calendar.
A lunch is often hosted after Grand Rounds for outside Yale speakers. Psychiatry Department trainees and junior faculty who may be interested in attending should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Archive of Psychiatry Grand Rounds
Below is an archive of past Grand Rounds. Links will take you to a video of a presentation. The Department will continue to add talks as they are digitized.
- Resident Grand Rounds
2021 Psychiatry Grand Rounds
- April 9, 2021: Mark Olfson, MD, MPH, Elizabeth K. Dollard Professor of Psychiatry, Medicine, and Law; Professor of Epidemiology, CUMC, Columbia University, New York State Psychiatric Institute: Socioeconomic Adversity and Deaths of Despair
- March 26, 2021: Iva GreyWolf, PhD, Psychologist, Society of Indian Psychologists: Stepping Into the Light to Work Together
- March 19, 2021: Michael Higley, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Neuroscience, Yale School of Medicine: Multiscale Imaging: Revealing Links Between Neuronal Networks, Behavior, and Disease
- March 12, 2021: Michael Sernyak, Jr., MD, Professor of Psychiatry, Deputy Chair for Clinical Affairs and Program Development, Yale Department of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine; CEO, Connecticut Mental Health Center; Luming Li, MD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine; Associate Medical Director of Quality Improvement, Yale Psychiatric Hospital; Medical Director of Clinical Operations, Yale New Haven Health; Eric D. A. Hermes, MD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine and VA Connecticut Healthcare System; John Cahill, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine; Medical Director, STEP Clinic and Acute Services Division, CMHC Chief of Behavioral Health, Continuum of Car, Inc.; Tobias Wasser, MD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine; Associate Program Director, Yale Psychiatry Residency Program, Adult Psychiatry: Crossing the Quality Chasm in Psychiatry: Quality Improvement Projects Across Multiple Health Systems
- March 5, 2021: Erin S. Calipari, PhD, Assistant Professor of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt School of Medicine: A Novel Computational Framework for the Role of Dopamine in Learning and Memory
- February 26, 2021: Linda Mayes, MD, Arnold Gesell Professor of Child Psychiatry, Pediatrics and Psychology, Yale Child Study Center; Chair, Yale Child Study Center; and Andrea Terrillion, JD, Director, Professionalism and Leadership Development, Yale School of Medicine Office of Academic Professionalism and Development: The Office of Academic Professionalism and Development: Fostering a Shared Vision of Professionalism at the Yale School of Medicine
- February 19, 2021: Karyn M. Frick, PhD, Distinguished Professor, Department of Psychology; Director, Neuroendocrinology of Memory Lab, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee: Estrogens and Memory: Translating Basic Research into Therapies for Memory Dysfunction and Menopause
- February 12, 2021: Michael Summers, PhD, Professor, University of Maryland BC: The Meyerhoff Scholars Program: A Successful and Replicable Program for Enhancing Diversity in STEM
- February 5, 2021: Debra Kaysen, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences (Public Mental Health & Population Sciences), Stanford University Medical Center: Comfortably Numb: Research on the Etiology and Treatment of Comorbid PTSD and Alcohol Use Disorders
- January 29, 2021: Karestan Koenen, PhD, Professor of Psychiatric Epidemiology, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health: Trauma and Women's Health: Within and Across Generations
- January 22, 2021: Nancy J. Brown, MD, Jean and David W. Wallace Dean of the Yale School of Medicine; C.N.H. Long Professor of Internal Medicine: Dean's Address: State of the Medical School
- January 15, 2021: Jehannine Austin, PhD, Professor, Department of Medical Genetics, The University of British Columbia: Clinical Applications of Psychiatric Genetics: Improving Patient Outcomes Through Psychiatric Genetic Counseling
- January 8, 2021: Sally Satel, MD, Lecturer in Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine: My Year Abroad: Ironton, Ohio and Lessons from the Opioid Crisis