Psychiatry Grand Rounds
The Psychiatry Department's Grand Rounds are typically held on Friday mornings, between September and June, in the auditorium of the Connecticut Mental Health Center. To see the details of upcoming Grand Rounds and other department events, please visit the department's web calendar.
A lunch is often hosted after Grand Rounds for outside Yale speakers. Psychiatry Department trainees and junior faculty who may be interested in attending should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Archive of Psychiatry Grand Rounds
Below is an archive of past Grand Rounds. Links will take you to a video of a presentation. The Department will continue to add talks as they are digitized.
- Resident Grand Rounds
2020 Psychiatry Grand Rounds
- October 23, 2020: Jennifer Doran, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine; Eric Hermes, MD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine; David Moore, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine: Integration of Virtual Care Into an Academic Healthcare System
- October 16, 2020: Tracy L. Bale, PhD, Professor of Pharmacology and Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine: Extracellular Vesicles as Stress Signals: Identifying Novel Systemic Mechanisms of Trauma Programming
- October 9, 2020: Angela Garcia, PhD, Associate Professor of Anthropology, Stanford University: RebPsych Conference: "Rethinking Addiction Recovery: Lessons from the Underground, Adversity"
- October 2, 2020: Elliot A. Stein, PhD, Chief, Neuroimaging Research Branch; Chief, Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience of Addiction Section, National Institute on Drug Abuse: State, Trait and Subtype Considerations in SUD: A View From Nicotine Dependence
- September 25, 2020: Lee Pachter, DO, Professor, Pediatric and Population Health, Sidney Kimmel Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University: Racism, Adversity, and Child Health
- September 18, 2020: Rajita Sinha, PhD, Foundations Fund Professor of Psychiatry and Professor in the Child Study Center and of Neuroscience, Yale School of Medicine: Alcohol Adaptations in Stress Circuits: Impact on Motivation, Intake and Treatment Outcomes
- July 31, 2020: Linda Mayes, MD, Arnold Gesell Professor of Child Psychiatry, Pediatrics, and Psychology; Chair, Yale Child Study Center; Deputy Dean for Professionalism and Leadership, Office of the Dean, Yale School of Medicine: Neurobiology of Addiction and Parenting: Special Recognition of Nancy Suchman, PhD
- July 29, 2020: Yin Paradies, PhD, MPH, MA, Professor and Chair, Race Relations; Deputy Director, Research, Alfred Deakin Research Institute for Citizenship and Globalization, Deakin University, Australia: Understanding and Addressing Racism as a Fundamental Determinant of Health
- June 12, 2020: Andrew Solomon, PhD, writer, lecturer, special advisor on LGBTQ mental health to the Yale Department of Psychiatry: With and Without the Virus: COVID and Mental Health
- June 5, 2020: John H. Krystal, MD, Chair, Yale Department of Psychiatry: Grand Rounds Town Hall 12 Slides
- May 22, 2020: John H. Krystal, MD, Chair, Yale Department of Psychiatry: Grand Rounds Town Hall 10 Slides
- May 15, 2020: John H. Krystal, MD, Chair, Yale Department of Psychiatry: Grand Rounds Town Hall 9 Slides
- May 8, 2020: John H. Krystal, MD, Chair, Yale Department of Psychiatry: Grand Rounds Town Hall 8 Slides
- May 1, 2020: John H. Krystal, MD, Chair, Yale Department of Psychiatry: Grand Rounds Town Hall 7 Slides
- April 24, 2020: John H. Krystal, MD, Chair, Yale Department of Psychiatry: Grand Rounds Town Hall 6 Slides
- April 17, 2020: John H. Krystal, MD, Chair, Yale Department of Psychiatry: Grand Rounds Town Hall 5 Slides
- March 6, 2020: Hendrée Jones, PhD, Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine: Treating Substance Use Disorders Among Women: A Focus on the Pregnant and Parenting Years
- February 28, 2020: Mark Komrad, MD, Instructor, Johns Hopkins University: Vulnerable Ethics: The Role of Psychiatrists in the U.S. Eugenics Movement and the Nazi Holocaust
- February 21, 2020: Dennis S. Charney, MD, Anne and Joel Ehrenkranz Dean of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and President for Academic Affairs for the Mount Sinai Health System: Inaugural Aghajanian Lecture: The Shape of Discovery: Ketamine for Treatment Resistant Depression
- February 14, 2020: LGBTQ Panel Discussion: Finding Love and Belonging
- January 31, 2020: Darin Latimore, MD, Deputy Dean and Chief Diversity Officer, Yale School of Medicine; Dowin Boatright, MD, Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, Yale School of Medicine; Rosana Gonzalez-Colaso, PharmD, MPH, Assistant Professor in the Physician Associate Program, Yale School of Medicine: Understanding Microaggressions in Health Professionals' Learning Environment
- January 17, 2020: Simon B. Eickhoff, MD, PhD, Professor, Director, Institute of Systems Neuroscience, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf: Bridging Brain Mapping, Machine Learning, and Clinical Translation
- January 10, 2020: Eric J. Nestler, MD, PhD, Dean for Academic and Scientific Affairs, Nash Family Professor of Neuroscience, Professor of Pharmacological Services, Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai; Director, Friedman Brain Institute: Inaugural Heninger Lecture: Transcriptional & Epigenetic Mechanisms of Addiction
- January 3, 2020: Nancy Byatt, DO, MBA, Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School: Improving Maternal Mental Health by Building the Capacity of Front-line Medical Providers