Psychiatry Grand Rounds
The Psychiatry Department's Grand Rounds are typically held on Friday mornings, between September and June, in the auditorium of the Connecticut Mental Health Center. To see the details of upcoming Grand Rounds and other department events, please visit the department's web calendar.
A lunch is often hosted after Grand Rounds for outside Yale speakers. Psychiatry Department trainees and junior faculty who may be interested in attending should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Archive of Psychiatry Grand Rounds
Below is an archive of past Grand Rounds. Links will take you to a video of a presentation. The Department will continue to add talks as they are digitized.
- Resident Grand Rounds
2022 Psychiatry Grand Rounds
- November 18, 2022: Lucile Bruce, MFA, Communications Officer, CMHC; Karima Robinson, PhD, Coordinator of Medical and Professional Staff, CMHC; Keith Calloway, Community Mental Health Fellow, CMHC: Highlights From the CMHC History Exploration Project
- November 11, 2022: Jodi Gilman, PhD, Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School/Massachusetts General Hospital; Director of Neuroscience, Center for Addiction Medicine: Recreational and Medical Cannabis: Potential Implications on Cognition and Clinical Outcomes
- November 4, 2022: Thomas Kosten, MD, Jay H. Waggoner Endowed Chair, Baylor College of Medicine: Medications for Opioid Use Disorder Treatment Matching: The Challenge of Fentanyl
- October 28, 2022: John Pachankis, PhD, Susan Dwight Bliss Professor of Public Health (Social and Behavioral Sciences), Professor of Psychology and Professor of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine: LGBTQ-Affirmative Mental Health Care: From Theory to Trials to Community Implementation and Global Dissemination
- October 21, 2022: Anthony Ryan Hatch, PhD, Associate Professor, Chair of the Science in Society Program, Wesleyan University: RebPsych Conference: "Automated and Intelligent Pharmacies in Global Technocorrections"
- October 14, 2022: Justin Chen, MD, MPH, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School; Psychiatrist, Massachusetts General Hospital: Breaking Silences in the Model Minority: Asian American Mental Health Before and During COVID-19
- October 7, 2022: A. Rani Elwy, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Professor of Behavioral and Social Sciences, Brown University: From Evidence to Implementation: Four Strategies and a Mantram to Increase Uptake of Mental Health and Substance Use Treatments in Community Settings
- September 30, 2022: John Krystal, MD; Dennis Charney, MD; Robert Pietrzak, PhD; and Janitza Montalvo-Ortiz, PhD: A Celebration of the Life and Work of Steven M. Southwick, MD
- September 23, 2022: Stanley J. Huey, Jr., PhD, Associate Professor of Psychology and American Studies and Ethnicity, University of Southern California: Evidence-Based Treatments for Ethnic Minorities: Does Cultural Competence Matter?
- September 16, 2022: Edward L. Snyder, MD, FACP, Committee Chair; Jill Pagliuca, Committee Member: Presentation, Provost's Committee on Conflict of Interest at Yale
- June 24, 2022: John H. Krystal, MD, Robert L. McNeil, Jr. Professor of Translational Research and Professor of Psychiatry, Neuroscience, and Psychology; Chair, Yale Department of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine: State of the Department
- June 17, 2022: Ayana Jordan, MD, PhD, Barbara Wilson Endowed Associate Professor of Psychiatry, New York University Grossman School of Medicine; Pillar Lead for Community Engagement, Institute of Excellence for Health Equity, New York University Langone; and Assistant Professor Adjunct of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine: Protect Your Peace
- June 10, 2022: Walter E. Fluker, PhD, Professor of Spirituality, Ethics and Leadership, Candler School of Theology: Toksoz Byram Karasu Leadership Lecture: "At the Intersection Where Worlds Collide: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion"
- May 20, 2022: Tanner Bommersbach, MD, MPH; Dan Tylee, MD, PhD; Terrell Holloway, MD; Zach Harvanek, MD, PhD; and Nientara Anderson, MD, MHS: Lustman Awards
- May 13, 2022: Paul Eigenberger, MD, Resident Physician, Yale School of Medicine; Sirikanya Sellers, MD, Resident Physician, Yale School of Medicine; Enock Teefe, MD, Psychiatry Resident, Yale School of Medicine; Yvonne Uyanwune, MD, MPH, Psychiatry Resident, Yale School of Medicine: Yale Global Mental Health Residents Grand Rounds
- April 29, 2022: Kim Smolderen, PhD, Associate Professor of Medicine and Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine: Broadening Cardiac Psychology: The Case of Vascular Disease and Integrated Cardiovascular Behavioral Health Care
- April 22, 2022: Yasmin Hurd, PhD, Professor, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai: Ribicoff Lecture: "Translating Addiction: Molecular Insights to Risk and Therapeutic"
- April 8, 2022: Carlos Zarate, MD, Chief Experimental Therapeutics and Pathophysiology Branch, NIMH: George Heninger Lecture: "Developing Novel Therapeutics for Treatment-Resistant Depression"
- April 1, 2022: Michelle Mielke, PhD, Chair and Professor, Wake Forest University: Sex and Gender Differences in Alzheimer's Disease: Epidemiology, Risk Factors, Genetics, Brain Structure, and Pathologies
- March 25, 2022: Debra A. Pinals, MD, Clinical Professor, University of Michigan: Yochelson Lecture: "Beyond Beds: Trends in Crisis Services"
- March 18, 2022: Serena Spudich, MD, Gilbert H. Glaser Professor of Neurology, Yale School of Medicine: The Mystery of Central Nervous System Complications of COVID-19: What Do We Know and What Do We Need to Learn?
- February 18, 2022: Glenda Gilmore, PhD, Peter V. and C. Van Woodward Professor of History, African American Studies, and American Studies, Yale University; Barbara Lau, MA, Executive Director, The Pauli Murray Center for History and Social Justice; Donyelle McCray, ThD, Associate Professor of Homiletics, Yale Divinity School; Christy Olezeski, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine; Director and co-founder, Yale Pediatric Gender Program, Yale Medicine; Parker T. Hurley, PhD, LCSWA, a queer, Black, non-binary Trans activist, psychotherapist, and healer justice practitioner: Showing Up Whole: Pauli Murray’s Courageous Life
- February 11, 2022: Elizabeth L. Paluck, PhD, Professor, Princeton University: Prejudice Reduction: Progress and Challenges
- February 4, 2022: Brent Forester, MD, Chief, Division of Geriatric Psychiatry, McLean Hospital: Addressing the Epidemic of Alzheimer's Dementia With Population Health Informed Collaborative Models of Care
- January 28, 2022: Richard Carson, PhD, Professor of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging and of Biomedical Engineering, Yale School of Medicine; Joel Gelernter, MD, Foundations Fund Professor of Psychiatry and Professor of Genetics and Neuroscience, Yale School of Medicine: Robert Malison Lecture: "A Celebration of the Life and Science of Robert Malison, MD: The Biology and Treatment of Substance Use Disorders"
- January 14, 2022: Ilan Harpaz-Rotem, PhD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine: Attenuating the Traces of Trauma Memories With Ketamine
- January 7, 2022: Carlos M. Grilo, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry and of Psychology, Yale School of Medicine: Developments and Recent Advances in Treatment of Binge Eating Disorder and Obesity