Presentations by the Yale POWER group at Obesity Week, the annual scientific meeting of The Obesity Society, happening in Las Vegas, NV in November 2019.
- Ivezaj V, Mitchell J, Brode C, Grilo CM. Disordered Eating After Bariatric Surgery: Clinical and Research Considerations Panel
- Ivezaj V, Lawson J, Jayade M, Davila-Shiau E, Vanegas S, Jay M, Parikh M, Grilo CM. Discrimination and Correlates among Spanish- and/or English-Speaking Latinx Adults Seeking Bariatric Surgery.
- Ivezaj V, Lydecker JA, Grilo CM. Language Matters: Patients’ Preferred Terms for Discussing Obesity and Binge Eating with Health Care Providers After Bariatric Surgery.
- Lawson JL, Barnes RB, Ivezaj V, Grilo CM. Fear of Weight Gain and Sensitivity to Weight Gain After Bariatric Surgery.
Scientific Session: Integrated Health Course
- Kamody, RC, Psychology Considerations for Adolescents. In M Santos, Diversity and Inclusion and LGBTQ
- Ready for Its Close-Up - Focused Examination of Specific Factors Related to Bariatric Surgery Outcomes, Hosted by the TOS Bariatric Surgery Section, Chaired by Valentina Ivezaj
- Carr MM, Wiedemann AA, Ivezaj V, Barnes R. Examining Construct Validity of Food Addiction Severity Specifiers.
- Cunningham PM, Martinez-Kaigi V, Wiedemann AA, Lawson JL, Barnes RD. Exploration of Nutrition Knowledge in Individuals with Various Dietary Motivations and Preferences.
- Elmquist J, Grilo CM. Emotional Overeating, Emotional Dysregulation, and Food Addiction: Testing a Mediational Model in Patients with Binge-Eating Disorder Comorbid with Obesity.
- Grilo CM, Ivezaj V, Duffy AJ, Gueorguieva R. A Randomized Controlled Trial of Treatments for Loss-of-Control Eating Following Bariatric Surgery.
- Ivezaj V, Lawson JL, Wiedemann AA, Loss A, Duffy AJ, Grilo CM. Functional Impairment Due to Weight and Eating Concerns Following Bariatric Surgery.
- Kerrigan SG, Lawson JL, Wiedemann AA, Grilo CM, Barnes RD. Clinical Importance of the DSM-5 Behavioral Indicators for Binge Eating in Patients with Binge-Eating Disorder and Obesity.
- Wiedemann AA, Kerrigan SG, Carr MM, Ivezaj V, Grilo CM. Addictive-like Eating and Weight-Loss Treatment Outcomes in Patients with Binge-Eating Disorder Co-morbid with Obesity.
Presentations by the Yale POWER group at the International Conference on Eating Disorders, the annual scientific meeting of the Academy of Eating Disorders, happening in New York, NY, in March 2019.
- Baumgardt, S. S., Wiedemann, A. A., Ivezaj, V., Lydecker, J. A., Grilo, C. M., & Barnes, R. D. Getting a head start: Identifying factors associated with early weight loss for individuals participating in weight loss treatment.
- Coffino, J., Ivezaj, V., Barnes, R. D., White, M. A., & Grilo, C. M. Racial/ethnic comparisons of weight loss treatment utilization and corresponding weight loss among treatment-seeking patients with obesity and binge eating disorder.
- Grilo, C. M., & Udo, T. Suicide Attempts and Correlates in Persons with DSM-5 Eating Disorders in a Nationally Representative Sample of U.S. Adults.
- Ivezaj, V., Lawson, J. L., Jayade, M., Davila-Shiau, E., Lee, J., Parikh, M., & Grilo, C. M. The relationship between food addiction, eating-disorder psychopathology, and weight among Latino/as seeking bariatric surgery.
- Ivezaj, V., Lydecker, J. A., Duffy, A. J., & Grilo, C. M. Does bariatric binge eating size matter: Preliminary findings from a post-operative treatment-Seeking group with loss-of-control eating.
- Lawson, J. L., Carr, M. M., Ivezaj, V., & Grilo, C. M. Psychometric evaluation of the Eating Loss of Control Scale in bariatric surgery patients with loss-of-control eating.
- LeCates, A., Lawson, J. L., Ivezaj, V., Lydecker, J. A., & Grilo, C. M. Examining internalized weight bias in post-surgical patients with loss-of-control eating.
- Lydecker, J. A., & Grilo, C. M. Secretive Eating among Treatment-Seeking Adults with Binge-Eating Disorder.
- Park, J., Lydecker, J. A., & Grilo, C. M. Parent and Child Impairment by Disordered Eating Behaviors and Weight.
- Udo, T., Coffino, J.A., & Grilo, C.M. Comparison of Help-Seeking by Sex and Ethnicity/Race in U.S. Adults with DSM-5-defined Eating Disorders.
- Udo, T., & Grilo, C.M. Psychiatric and Medical Correlates of DSM-5 Eating Disorders in U.S. Adults.
- Wiedemann, A. A., Ivezaj, V., Lawson, J. L., Coffino, J. A., & Grilo, C. M. The relationship between desired weight, eating-disorder psychopathology and weight loss in post-bariatric surgery patients with loss-of-control eating.