Postgraduate Fellowship in Social Work
Yale Behavioral Health offers Post-MSW Fellowships in the following areas: adult psychiatry; acute psychiatric services; and adolescent school-based services. Designed to augment an individual’s graduate training, Fellowships are available to individuals with a Masters Degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. Fellowship appointments are for one year with an option to add a second year when mutually agreed upon by the Fellow and the Fellowship Supervisor. Fellows receive a stipend and medical insurance. We invite and encourage individuals of diverse religions, races, ethnicities, gender identities and sexual orientation to apply.
July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023
Yale Behavioral Health offers Post-MSW Fellowships in (1) adult psychiatry; (2) acute services; and (3) adolescent school-based services. Designed to augment an individual’s graduate training, Fellowships are available to individuals with a Masters Degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. A description of each available training site is listed below:
Supervision and Training
- Supervision: Fellows receive a minimum of two hours per week of supervision with at least one of these hours provided by a licensed clinical social worker.
- Didactic Seminars: Fellows will attend at least one didactic seminar per week of their choice. Didactic seminars, offered by clinical faculty within the Department of Psychiatry, include a range of options such as pharmacology, forensics and co-occurring disorders
- Grand Rounds: Fellows will have the option of attending Grand Rounds at Yale University
- Team Meetings: Participate in weekly team meetings with a multidisciplinary staff
- MSW from a social work program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- No more than one year of Post-graduate work experience
Completion of Application Process (see below for a description of the process)
All application materials for the 2022-2023 Fellowship term must be RECEIVED BY 12:00 pm EST on February 18, 2022. After initial review, selected applicants will be invited for an interview. Invited applicants will be scheduled for interviews in early March. Notification will be made via email to all applicants once their application is complete. While interviews typically occur on site, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, a decision has not yet been made as to whether interviews will be in-person or via video conference. Notification of application status (i.e. interview) will also be made by email and will include information about interview format for those granted an interview. Final decisions for the Fellowship will be made on or around March 18, 2022. Fellowships are contingent upon available funding. Applications must be complete upon submission. Applications missing any of the information listed below will not be reviewed. Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check prior to hire. Required documents for submission are as follows:
- One-page statement of interest with an emphasis on how your chosen fellowship relates to your career goals
- Three letters of reference, with preferably two being from internship supervisors
- A resume
- A copy of first year practicum evaluation, or if currently employed, please include most recent workplace evaluation
- A transcript from the institution in which you are working on, or have completed, your MSW
- Please indicate for which setting you are applying in the body of your email cover letter and more substantively in your personal statement. Applicants may apply to more than one setting but should address both interests in their personal statement.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT in one complete email file (with all components including references as separate attachments or together in one PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Post-MSW Fellowship Application, Last Name, First Name” as your subject line. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Applications are only considered received upon email confirmation from us.
Please direct inquiries to:
Kitty Clemens, LCSW
Director of Post-MSW Fellowship Program, Yale Behavioral Health
Director, Cedarhurst School
- A stipend of at least $35,700 is offered to post-graduate fellows
- Full medical benefits are available
- Optional Dental Plan available