Advance Your Career at Yale
As a Yale School of Medicine faculty member, how can you advance your career? What can you do to continue to grow and develop? Where can you find a mentor? Who can you collaborate with at Yale in your field of research?
Yale School of Medicine is dedicated to your success as a highly valued member of our faculty community. Please reach out to our office of Academic and Professional Development with your thoughts, ideas, and questions.
Faculty Development & Opportunities
- Office of Academic & Professional DevelopmentOAPD oversees faculty development programs in all departments, and provides regular consultation to faculty as they progress through the academic life-cycle.
- Physician-Scientist and Scientist DevelopmentOPSSD seeks to address the practical challenges encountered at different career stages, to create community and mentorship that spans all phases of training, to ensure protected time and research support, and to foster collaborations that will drive future discoveries.
- Mentorship ProgramsGuidance from a mentor can be instrumental to the success of faculty. Similarly, providing guidance to a mentee can be remarkably rewarding.
- Faculty Demographics & Diversity EngagementProportion of professorships held by women and URiM, Diversity Engagement Survey results, Professionalism reporting data, and the state of the school.
- Be a Student Research MentorOSR encourages a close working relationship between the student and faculty research mentor.
- Faculty WellbeingWith the many daily demands on faculty and especially during highly stressful and difficult times, it is critical to maintain focus on mental health and wellbeing.
Voluntary Faculty Teaching Opportunities
Faculty Engagement Opportunities
Teaching and Learning Center (TLC)
Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- Faculty Directory by SpecialtyView a directory of all Yale School of Medicine faculty by department.
- Collaborate with ResearchersWho is working in your area of research? Find researchers to collaborate with.
- Yale School of Medicine Dean & Deputy DeansThe School of Medicine is led by Dean Nancy J. Brown, MD, who reports to the president of the university. The dean is advised by deputy deans for academic, scientific and clinical affairs; education; diversity and inclusion.
- YSM Clinical and Basic Science Department ChairsDirectory of all clinical and basic science department chairs at Yale School of Medicine.