2019 Psychiatry Grand Rounds
Carolyn Roberts, PhD, Assistant Professor of African Studies, History, and History of Medicine, Yale University: "Violent Medicine: Doctors and the Ethics of Medical Practice in the Atlantic Slave Trade." A Commemoration of 400 Years of Slavery/Perseverance in the United States
Joan Cook, PhD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine: "Male Sexual Abuse Survivors: From a PCORI Engagement Award to a Competitive Effectiveness Trial"
Gary Belkin, MD, PhD, MPH, Visiting Scientist, Center for Climate, Health, and the Global Environment, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health; Founder, Billion Minds Institute
Cenk Tek, MD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine; Director, Psychosis Program, Connecticut Mental Health Center
Sherry McKee, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine; Director, Yale Behavioral Pharmacology Laboratory; Clinical Director, Forensic Drug Diversion Clinic; Director, Yale Program for Sex Differences in Alcohol Use Disorder, Psychiatry: Utilizing Wearable Biosensors to Develop JUST-IN-TIME Interventions for Addiction
Eve Ensler: "Women: From Surviving to Thriving"
The Power of Predictions: An Emerging Paradigm for Studying Brain, Body, and Mind
Flavio Frohlich, PhD, Associate Professor, University of North Carolina School of Medicine: Brain Network Oscillations as a Therapeutic Target: Identification, Engagement, and Validation
Arielle Baskin-Sommers, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychology and Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine
George Dragoi, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and of Neuroscience, Yale School of Medicine: "Neuronal Ensembles Underlying Internally-Generated Representations"
- Altha J. Stewart, MD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry; Director, Center for Health in Justice Involved Youth, University of Tennessee Health Science Center; Immediate Past President, American Psychiatric Association
- John H. Krystal, MD: State of the Department Address
- Jennifer Buenzle Dwyer, MD, PhD; Alfred Kaye, MD, PhD; Kunmi Sobowale, MD: The Lustman Awards
- Patrick Sullivan, MD, FRANZCP, Yeargen Distinguished Professor of Psychiatry and Genetics; Director, Center for Psychiatric Genomics, University of North Carolina School of Medicine: "Ribicoff Lecture: Psychiatric Genomic Findings: Diagnostic and Therapeutic Implications"
- Dina Birman, PhD, Professor of Educational and Psychological Studies; Director, Community Well-Being PhD Program, University of Miami School of Education & Human Development: "Alternate Selves: Adjustment and Acculturation Among Adolescent Immigrants and Refugees"
- John Bradford, MD, Forensic Psychiatrist, Forensic Psychiatry Program, St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton: "Yochelson Lecture: Coming Out of the Darkness - PTSD and Occupational Hazard for Mental Health Professionals"
- Drew Westen, PhD, Professor, Departments of Psychology and Psychiatry, Emory University: "Dr. Sidney J. Blatt Lecture: Thinking Clinically About Political Discourse: Neural Networks, Narratives, and Emotions"
- John Torous, MD, MBI, Director, Digital Psychiatry Division, Department of Psychiatry, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center: "Digital Psychiatry: Reconciling Early Evidence, Ethics, and Evaluation"
- Tor Wager, PhD, Professor, Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, University of Colorado, Boulder: "fMRI-Based Biomarkers for Pain and Emotion: From Models to Interventions"
- Deepak Cyril D'Souza, MD, Professor of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine: "Blunting Cannabis Use Disorder by Targeting the Endocannabinoid System!"
- Myrna Weissman, PhD, Diane Goldman Kemper Family Professor of Epidemiology (in Psychiatry), Columbia University: "Thirty Years of Studying Depression in Families: Lessons Learned Along the Way"
- Camara Phyllis Jones, MD, PhD, MPH, Senior Fellow, Satcher Health Leadership Institute and Cardiovascular Research Institute; Adjunct Associate Professor, Community Health & Preventive Medicine, Morehouse School of Medicine: "Social Determinants of Health and Equity"
- Linda L. Carpenter, MD, Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Butler Hospital; Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University: "Insights and Inspiration from the First Decade of TMS Therapy in Psychiatry"
- BJ Casey, PhD, Professor and Director, Fundamentals of the Adolescent Brain (FAB) Lab, Yale University: "Emergence of the Adult Brain: Insights from Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience"
- Robert Alpern, MD, Ensign Professor of Medicine (Nephrology); Dean, Yale School of Medicine: "State of the Medical School"
- Nolan Williams, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University: "Interventionalism in Psychiatry: What Can We Learn From Cardiology, Neurology, and Radiology?"
- Joy Hirsch, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry, of Comparative Medicine and of Neuroscience, Yale School of Medicine: "The New Neuroscience of Two Neural Dynamics of Communicating Brains: Hyperscanning with fNIRS"
- Sarah H. Lisanby, MD, Director, Division of Translational Research, National Institute of Mental Health: "Brain Stimulation Research"
- Alex Kwan, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and of Neuroscience, Yale School of Medicine: "Probing Dendritic Dysfunction in Mice: Insights for Ketamine and Schizophrenia"