Assistant or Associate Professor – Psychiatric Emergency Services
The Department of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine seeks a psychiatrist to serve on Yale-New Haven Psychiatric Hospital (YNHPH) Psychiatric Emergency Services.
Yale-New Haven Hospital is the major teaching and clinical research facility of the Yale University School of Medicine and consistently ranks among the best hospitals in the United States. Yale-New Haven Hospital encompasses the Yale-New Haven Psychiatric Hospital a 118 bed, acute care, psychiatric facility that consists of emergency services, inpatient programs, specialized step-down intensive outpatient/day hospital programs for adolescents and adults as well as Interventional Psychiatric Services.
As an attending in Psychiatric Emergency Services, the candidate will be responsible for managing the multidisciplinary evaluation of patients presenting for emergency psychiatric evaluation. In this capacity, you will work collaboratively with a team of nurses, social workers, psychiatric residents, and psychiatric APRNs. Providing education to medical students and residents regarding diagnosis, medication management, treatment planning and care of patients in the acute phase of illness is a key component of the position. The position will be a combination of day, night, and weekend hours, offering 20% of academic/administrative protected time (scheduled for 32 clinical hours per 40-hour work week).
This position carries a faculty appointment within the Department of Psychiatry at the assistant or associate professor level depending upon the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Yale University offers Yale Signature Benefits, including but not limited to:
- Medical coverage through Yale Health and Aetna
- Dental coverage through Delta Dental
- Vision coverage options through Eyemed
- Yale University Retirement Account Plan
- Paid time off
- Disability coverage
- Life insurance
- Mortgage loan program
- Commuter benefits
- Yale Homebuyer program
- College tuition benefit plan Yale
- Advantage discount program (Discounts for Activites, Travel, services, shopping, etc)
Living in/near New Haven
- New Haven is recognized as a city of innovation, culture, diversity, and prosperity. It is located between Boston and New York on Long Island Sound, and has outstanding cultural amenities (museums, theater, music, and sports), award-winning restaurants (including several of the nation’s best pizza parlors), boutique shops and national brands, quaint neighborhoods and bustling downtown areas with a variety of living options.
- New Haven is accessible by plane, train, and automobile, and is easy to navigate on foot, by bicycle, or bus. A free shuttle service provided by Yale covers many areas in the city.
Apply to this position. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
If you have questions about these job opportunities, please contact Hun Millard, Interim Vice Chief of Psychiatry, via email at email@example.com for more information.
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, member of minority groups, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
If you have questions about these job opportunities, please contact Hun Millard, Interim Vice Chief of Psychiatry