What is Recovery?
Recovery is a process of change through which individuals improve their health and wellness, live a self-directed life, and strive to reach their full potential.
--SAMHSA's Working Definition of Recovery (2011)
At CMHC, we believe recovery is possible. We see it happening every day. We work with people to develop individualized recovery plans and to support them in pursuing their life goals.
We embrace SAMHSA’s guiding principles of recovery. Here are some of them:
- Recovery emerges from hope.
- Recovery occurs via many pathways.
- Recovery is person-driven and supported through relationships and social networks.
- Recovery is culturally-based and influenced.
- Recovery is supported by addressing trauma.
- Recovery is based on respect.