Samuel A. Ball PhD
Professor of Psychiatry; Assistant Chair for Education and Career Development; Director of Research (APT Foundation BIRCWH Scholars Program); Scientific Director (Psychotherapy Development Research Center)
Departments & Organizations
Junior Faculty Training Program
DAHRSPsychiatry: Division of Substance Abuse; Substance Abuse Research; Psychotherapy Development Center; Psychology Section; Addictions, Division of; Women's Behavioral Health Research, Division of
Personality; Personality Disorders; Psychotherapy; Substance Abuse; Addiction Treatment; Psychodiagnosis; Homelessness; Treatment Dropout more...
- B.A., Colgate University, 1984
- Ph.D., University of Delaware, 1990
- Samuel DB, Miller JD, Widiger TA, Lynam DR, Pilkonis PA, Ball SA. Conceptual changes to the definition of borderline personality disorder proposed for DSM-5. Journal of Abnormal Psychology. in press.
- Ball SA, Maccarelli LM LaPaglia DM, Ostrowski MJ. Randomized trial of dual-focused versus single-focused individual therapy for personality disorders and substance dependence. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 199: 319-328, 2011.
- Connolly AJ, Cobb-Richardson P, Ball SA. Axis I and II diagnoses among homeless drop-in center clients. Journal of Personality Disorders 22: 573-588, 2008.