Behavior, Addictive; Psychiatry and Psychology; Health Care
Public Health Interests
Global Health; Health care delivery; Health Disparities; Health Services Research; Psychiatric Epidemiology; Substance abuse
My research is focused on modalities for increasing access to evidence-based interventions for underserved and vulnerable populations with mental and substance use disorders
- Iheanacho, Theddeus, et al. "Integrating mental health screening into routine community maternal and child health activity: experience from Prevention of Mother-to-child HIV transmission (PMTCT) trial in Nigeria." Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology (2014): 1-7.
- Iheanacho T, Marienfeld C, Stefanovic E, Rosenheck R. Attitudes towards Mental Illness and Changes Associated with a Brief Educational Intervention for Medical and Nursing Students in Nigeria. Academic Psychiatry March 2014
- Medical and nursing students’ attitude towards people with mental illness in Nigeria: A tale of two teaching hospitals. (In press International Psychiatry 2013)
- Use of naltrexone for alcohol use disorders in the Veterans' Health Administration: A national study. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2013 Feb 21. pii: S0376-8716(13)00029-X. doi: 10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2013.01.016.
- Marienfeld C, Iheanacho T, Issa M, Rosenheck R. Long-acting injectable depot naltrexone use in the Veterans' Health Administration: A national study. Addictive Behaviors. 2013 May 21: Published online ahead of print
- Iheanacho, T., Kapadia, D., Ezeanolue, C. O., Osuji, A. A., Ogidi, A. G., Ike, A., ... & Ezeanolue, E. E. (2015). Attitudes and beliefs about mental illness among church-based lay health workers: experience from a prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission trial in Nigeria. International Journal of Culture and Mental Health, (ahead-of-print), 1-13.
- Iheanacho, T., & Rosenheck, R. (2016). Prevalence and correlates of diabetes mellitus among homeless veterans nationally in the Veterans Health Administration. Journal of Social Distress and the Homeless, 1-7.
- Iheanacho T, Stefanovics E, Ezeanolue EE, Rosenheck R (2016) Beliefs and Attitudes about Mental Illness among Lay Church-Based Health Workers and Medical Trainees in Nigeria. J Psychiatry 19:380. doi:10.4172/2378-5756.1000380
- World Health Organization. (2015). Thinking healthy: a manual for psychosocial management of perinatal depression, WHO generic field-trial version 1.0, 2015.(International Reviewer)
Full List of PubMed Publications
- Iheanacho T, Stefanovics E, Ezeanolue EE: Clergy's Beliefs About Mental Illness and Their Perception of Its Treatability: Experience from a Church-Based Prevention of Mother-to-Child HIV Transmission (PMTCT) Trial in Nigeria. J Relig Health. 2018 Jan 15; 2018 Jan 15. PMID: 29335920
- Corey Williams J, Lo E, Iheanacho T: A Novel Resident Experience in a Veteran's Homeless Center. Acad Psychiatry. 2017 Nov 1; 2017 Nov 1. PMID: 29094290
- Ehiri JE, Iwelunmor J, Iheanacho T, Blackstone S, Obiefune MC, Ogidi AG, Ahunanya FU, Nnadi D, Patel D, Hunt AT, Ezeanolue EE: Using a Cultural Framework to Understand Factors Influencing HIV Testing in Nigeria. Int Q Community Health Educ. 2016 Dec 28; 2016 Dec 28. PMID: 28030987
- Iheanacho T, Kapadia D, Ezeanolue CO, Osuji AA, Ogidi AG, Ike A, Patel D, Stefanovics E, Rosenheck R, Obiefune M, Ezeanolue EE: Attitudes and beliefs about mental illness among church-based lay health workers: experience from a prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission trial in Nigeria. Int J Cult Ment Health. 2016 Jan 2; 2015 Sep 11. PMID: 26807146
- Iheanacho T, Obiefune M, Ezeanolue CO, Ogedegbe G, Nwanyanwu OC, Ehiri JE, Ohaeri J, Ezeanolue EE: Integrating mental health screening into routine community maternal and child health activity: experience from Prevention of Mother-to-child HIV transmission (PMTCT) trial in Nigeria. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 2015 Mar; 2014 Sep 9. PMID: 25201181
- Iheanacho T, Marienfeld C, Stefanovics E, Rosenheck RA: Attitudes toward mental illness and changes associated with a brief educational intervention for medical and nursing students in Nigeria. Acad Psychiatry. 2014 Jun; 2014 Mar 19. PMID: 24643398
- Marienfeld C, Iheanacho T, Issa M, Rosenheck RA: Long-acting injectable depot naltrexone use in the Veterans' Health Administration: a national study. Addict Behav. 2014 Feb; 2013 May 21. PMID: 23790742
- Iheanacho T, Issa M, Marienfeld C, Rosenheck R: Use of naltrexone for alcohol use disorders in the Veterans' Health Administration: a national study. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2013 Sep 1; 2013 Feb 22. PMID: 23434041