Extensive Research Description
Current research activities include
- CNS correlates of metabolic syndrome
- Effect of college age drinking on the developing brain
- Marijuana and driving
- Cognitive course after left ventricular assistive device cardiac surgery
- Investigator, Yale Alzheimer's Disease Research Center
- Cognitive features of prodromal disease states
- Psychometric properties of neuropsychological tests
- Validity of various methods of inference in neuropsychology
- Shashwath A Meda; Keith A Hawkins; Alecia D Dager; Howard Tennen; Sabin Khadka; Carol S Austad; Rebecca M Wood; Sarah Raskin; Carolyn R Fallahi; Godfrey D. (In Press) Longitudinal effects of alcohol consumption on the hippocampus and parahippocampus in college students. Biological Psychiatry: Cognitive Neuroscience and Neuroimaging
- Hawkins, K.A., Emadi, N., Pearlson, G.D., Winkler, A.M., Taylor, B., Dulipsingh, L., King, D., Pittman, B., Blank, K. (In Press) Hyperinsulinemia and Elevated Systolic Blood Pressure Independently Predict White Matter Hyperintensities with Associated Cognitive Decrement in the Middle-Aged Offspring of Dementia Patients. Metabolic Brain Disease.
- Chahine L., Weintraub D., Hawkins K.A., Siderowf A., Eberly S., Oakes D., Seibyl J., Stern M.B., Marek K., Jennings D. and the PARS Investigators (In press) Cognition in individuals at risk for Parkinson’s: Parkinson Associated Risk Syndrome Study Findings. Movement Disorders, 31: 86-89.
- Andreotti, C., Hawkins, K.A. (2015) RBANS norms based on the relationship of age, gender, education, and WRAT-3 to performance within an older African American sample The Clinical Neuropsychologist, 29: 442-465.
- Oldham, M.A., Hawkins, K.A., Yuh, D.D., Dewar, M.L., Lysyy, T., Lee, H.B. (2015). Cognitive and functional status predictors of delirium and delirium severity after coronary artery bypass graft surgery. International Psychogeriatrics, 27: 1929-38.
- Hawkins, K.A., Jennings, D., Gilliland, K., Vincent, A., West, A., Marek, K.: Neuropsychological Correlates and Reliability of the ANAM Computerized Cognitive Battery for Parkinson Disease. (2012) Parkinsonism & Related Disorders 18: 864-870.
- Hawkins, K. A., Pearlson, G.D. (2011) Age and Gender but not Common Chronic Illnesses Predict Odor Identification in Older African Americans. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 19: 777-782.
- Wisdom, N.M., Callahan, J., Hawkins K.A. (2011) The effect of Apolipoprotein E on non-impaired cognitive functioning: A meta-analysis. Neurobiology of Aging, 32: 63-64
- Hawkins, K.A. et al. (2008) Neuropsychological Course in the Prodrome and First Episode of Psychosis: Findings from the PRIME Double Blind Treatment Study. Schizophrenia Research,105 (1-3): 1-9
- Hawkins, Keith A., & Tulsky, D. (2003) WAIS-III WMS-III discrepancy analysis: Six-factor model index discrepancy base rates, implications, and a preliminary consideration of utility. In D. Tulsky, D. Saklofske, G. Chelune et al. (Eds.) Clinical Interpretation of the WAIS-III and WMS-III. (pp. 211-272). San Diego: Academic Press.