Director of Research and Evaluation at the Center on Policy Innovation for Family Mental Health
The Center on Policy Innovation for Family Mental Health at Yale School of Medicine works with government partners to advance mental health as a pathway to social and economic mobility. Part of this work is replicating the nationally recognized MOMS Partnership® program in new locations. The Center is also engaging government partners to forward the mission in other ways.
Reporting directly to the Director of the Center, the Director of Research and Evaluation will play a critical role in executing on this mission by conducting and eventually overseeing all research and evaluation work of the Center. PhD or equivalent combination of experience and education is preferred.
Examples of Responsibilities
- Lead the evaluation of the MOMS Partnership program that the Center is scaling through work developing a theory of change, baseline assessments for replication sites, and impact evaluations to measure outputs and outcomes of the MOMS replication.
- Develop quality assurance and improvement reports for each MOMS Partnership site and utilizes data to drive decision-making processes.
- Conduct research as part of the Center’s work with government partners on other areas beyond the replication of the MOMS Partnership.
- Promulgate or assist in the preparation of grant applications or other funding opportunities.
- With the Principal Investigator and other contributors, author peer-reviewed research publications.
Examples of Skills Sought
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative analytic skills
- High degree of competency with data analytic software
- Experience in database development and management
- Demonstrated ability to execute with precision and excellence and drive to deliver highest-quality work
- Experience working with public policy or public programs
- Experience working with government to support and lead research and evaluation activities, including facilitating data-sharing and data-use agreements
- Demonstrated ability to work very quickly and embody high standards of customer service internally and externally, including responses to communication within one business day
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to take initiative and as well as direction and correction
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify feasible solutions when identifying challenges affecting work streams
- Experience engaging in efforts advancing racial equity
This position will be based in New Haven, CT, and may require travel up to 10%.
Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff and students and especially encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, protected veterans and underrepresented minorities. Yale is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Center on Policy Innovation for Family Mental Health