Research & Publications
Stan Mathis is the medical director of the Assertive Community Treatment team at the Connecticut Mental Health Center and an assistant professor in Yale’s Department of Psychiatry. In a previous career, Stan was an architect and urbanist, a background that informs both his clinical and research/teaching work. On the ACT team, he primarily takes care of patients in their homes or in the community, seeing firsthand the impact of the extra-clinical environment on their lives and wellbeing. He also co-leads the structural competency track of the social justice and health equity curriculum, developing didactic experiences that combine data-driven and experiential learning to help psychiatry residents build a deeper understanding of New Haven and the forces, historical and current, that impact its population.
Education & Training
- Public Psychiatry FellowYale School of Medicine (2017)
- ResidentUniversity of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (2016)
- InternUniversity of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (2013)
- MDUniversity of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (2012)
- BAYale College, Architecture