Research & Publications
About Dr. Krasner
Aaron Krasner studied English literature and Hispanic Studies at Northwestern University College of Arts and Sciences in Evanston, IL where he earned a BA with honors. Upon graduation he joined Teach for America as a bilingual educator in California and earned a multi subjects teaching credential while teaching. He left teaching for medicine and completed a post baccalaureate degree in pre-medical studies from Mills College prior to earning his MD at the Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University in Chicago, IL.
Dr. Krasner completed his adult and child and adolescent training in psychiatry at the New York State Psychiatric Institute and Columbia University prior to his role as the Whitaker Scholar in Developmental Neuropsychiatry. After serving as an Instructor in Clinical Psychiatry in the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Division at Columbia University, Dr. Krasner joined the faculty at the Yale School of Medicine. He was the director of the Adolescent Transitional Living Program at Silver Hill Hospital before leaving to establish the Krasner Adolescent Institute, a private, interdisciplinary assessment team focused on innovation in psychiatric assessment for treatment refractory teens and families.
Dr. Krasner is also the president of the American Society for Adolescent Psychiatry.
Education & Training
- Whitaker Fellow in Developmental NeuropsychiatryColumbia University/New York State Psychiatric Institute (2013)
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry ResidentColumbia University/New York State Psychiatric Institute (2012)
- Resident, Adult PsychiatryColumbia University/New York State Psychiatric Institute (2010)
- Internal Medicine InternColumbia University Medical Center (2008)
- MDNorthwestern University The Feinberg School of Med (2007)
- Pre Medical Post Baccalaureate CertificateMills College, Oakland CA (2002)
- Multiple Subjects Teaching CredentialCalifornia State Hayward (2000)
- BANorthwestern University, English (1997)
- Zoomers in Mind; Engaging the Youth Mental Health CrisisSan Francisco, CA, United States 2023American Psychiatric Association
Honors & Recognition
|Fellow, Group for the Advancement of Psychiatry||Group for the Advancement of Psychiatry||2011|
|Group for the Advancement of Psychiatry Fellow||Group for the Advancement of Psychiatry||2009|
|American Society for Adolescent Psychiatry||President||2023 - 2024|
|Adolescent Psychiatry , adolescent psychiatry||Contributor||2023 - 2024|