Associate Dean for Communications
Communications & Information Technology
Information Technology (IT) systems are critical to modern life, education, research, and clinical practice. Understanding what systems are in place and the support available for these can be remarkably helpful.
The Office of Communications helps present the Yale School of Medicine internally and externally. They support how we represent ourselves and are involved in many ongoing initiatives.
Communications & IT Leadership
Website Building & Editing
The Office of Communications provides all web needs for YSM such as new sites, faculty lab sites, and editing services for all YSM, YSPH, and Yale Medicine websites. You can learn more about website building and editing on the Web Support & Services section of their website.
YSM Branding & Graphics
Lab and Faculty Websites, Photography, and Video Production
Office of Public Affairs & Communications
The Office of Public Affairs & Communications has resources for communication with the media, communication with the Yale community, and more.
Social media is integrated into many facets of academic careers. It can be a great way to increase awareness of your work and your activities. With that said, there are social media guidelines that are important to keep in mind.
Information Technology Resources
Yale Software Library
The Yale Software Library is the main location to find administrative, research, learning, and productivity software to support your Yale work. These can often be directly downloaded from this site.
Yale IT Services
There are many services that help faculty at Yale School of medicine achieve their potential. Highlights of services most used by School of Medicine faculty are listed below:
- Box at Yale is a cloud-based file sharing and storage work space that enables individuals to collaborate and share information. Yale IT About Box at Yale provides a description, policies and procedures, and how-to-articles.
- Code 42 (formerly called CrashPlan) allows data to be backed up automatically, continuously, and silently with no user effort or intervention required. Yale IT About Desktop Backup provides a description, system requirements, related information, and how-to-articles.
- DUO is log-in process used to access some of Yale's resources by requiring one proof of identity by responding to a prompt on an enrolled mobile device, landline, tablet, or token. Yale IT About Multifactor Authorization MFA-DUO provides a description, system requirements, related information, and how-to-articles.
- Interfolio supports the faculty search process as well as the appointment, reappointment, and promotion process. Information about this platform can be found on the OAPD, Academic Affairs, Processes and Documents pages.
- Medhub is the platform used at Yale for teaching / mentor evaluations and a number of other training-related features.
- Microsoft Office 365 is a fully integrated email and calendaring solution with automatic mobile synchronization of email and calendar to handheld devices. Yale IT About Office 365 Email provides a description, system requirements, related information, and how-to-articles.
- News & People Profile System is how information for faculty profiles is entered into the system. Understanding this system can help faculty take advantage of its many features. The system can be accessed at the bottom of faculty pages and/or at https://profile.yale.edu/
- Qualtrics is a full featured, online survey platform available to all students, faculty, and staff that can be used for teaching and learning, research, or the business of the University. Yale IT About Survey Tools and Support provides a description, system requirements, related information, and how-to-articles.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a way to securely access Yale’s restricted services and licensed e-resources on the University network from a non-Yale internet source. Yale IT About Off Campus Access VPN provides a description, system requirements, related information, and how-to-articles.
- Workday@Yale is Yale’s integrated solution for managing its human resources, payroll, and finance operations. See highlights about the system in this short video.
- Zoom is the School of Medicine platform of choice for teleconferencing. Yale IT About Audio & Video conferencing provides a description, system requirements, related information, and how-to-articles.