The students listed in this photograph are, left to right, Max Petersen, Dimitri deKouchkovsky and Rebecca Liu
The Yale MD-PhD Program was officially established in 1969 and has been supported continuously by a National Institutes of Health Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP) grant since 1973. Our mission is to train outstanding physician-scientists who will serve as leaders in biomedical research, education, and improved healthcare for our population.
MD-PhD students at Yale enjoy tremendous human, intellectual and physical resources during their clinical training and graduate education. We are committed to creating a rigorous, yet flexible training program that addresses each student’s interests and professional goals and makes full use of the outstanding research and clinical training opportunities at Yale. Our collaborative faculty and students, drawn from the Schools of Medicine, Public Health, Engineering and Applied Sciences, and Arts & Sciences, create an environment that values curiosity, creativity, diversity and integrity—and look for opportunities to have a positive impact on our local community and the greater world. And our hospitals and clinics share our mission of using cutting-edge science to improve patient care and outcomes.
We invite you to explore these webpages to learn what puts Yale’s MD-PhD Program at the forefront of physician-scientist training today—and to learn how you can join us in our mission to improve human knowledge and well-being.
Webinar: Demystifying the MD-PhD
Congratulations to the following amazing students:
- Katherine (Katie) Leiby,was awarded an NIH/NHLBI (F30)
- Young Lim, was awarded an NIH/NIAMS (F31)
Congratulations to our MD-PhD Alumni, Dr. Ronald J. Weigel being named to the
National Academic of Medicine
- Congratulations to the following amazing students:
- Mark Youngblood was awarded an NRSA F30 from the NIH/NCI
- Catherine Xie was awarded an NRSA F30 from the NIH/NIAID
- Matthew Meizlish was awarded an NRSA F31 from the NIH/NHLBI
- George Linderman was awarded an NRSA F30 from the NIH/NHGRI
- Irina Krykbaeva was awarded a individual NRSA F30 from the NIH/NCI
- Alanna Kaplan was awarded an individual NRSA F30 from the NIH/NCI
- Swetha Dravida was awarded an individual NRSA F30 from the NIH/NIMH
- Congratulations: The Foundation for the NIH (FNIH) announced today that our MD/PhD Alum ('06) Jaehyuk Choi, M.D., Ph.D., was selected as one of three finalists for the FNIH’s 2018 Trailblazer Prize for Clinician-Scientists.
- Wonderful news, Congratulations Don Li - 2018 Yale Prize Teaching Fellowship
- More great news Congratulations George Linderman2018 Yale Prize Teaching Fellowship
- 100 Years of Women at Yale School of Medicine Symposium: Celebration and Reflection"
- CONGRATULATIONS to Diana Yanez and Jon Marquez on their Soros Fellowships