Giving to Yale School of Medicine
PrioritiesAmong the school’s priorities, as it enters its third century, are the following:
- Endowment: Endowment funds provide a permanent, secure annual income stream for designated programs—such as scholarships, professorships and targeted research efforts.
- Facilities: Teaching spaces, research laboratories, and the development of Yale’s patient care areas all benefit from philanthropy directed to the construction, expansion, and renovation of our physical plant.
- Faculty support: Yale Scholar endowments support outstanding junior faculty beginning their academic careers. Named professorships honor and support the work of established faculty members. Your gift will enable physicians and scientists at many stages and in many fields to advance the state of their art.
- Research support: Gifts for research enable us to increase knowledge at the level of molecules and cells and provide resources for basic investigation and translational, clinical, and population-based studies. Opportunities abound to further understanding of the diseases that afflict humankind and to press on for cures.
- Scholarships: Scholarship funds support the education of students at the School of Medicine, many of whom would be unable to finance their studies without this crucial help. Medical student indebtedness is a growing challenge that threatens to derail promising careers before they get started. Your gift will support the best and the brightest and allow them to focus their careers where they can do the most good—without the burden of excessive debt.
Our alumni and friends possess an uncommon commitment to supporting and improving the Yale School of Medicine. Their support has enabled the school to fund groundbreaking research and to invest in our infrastructure — with a significant and lasting impact.
For information about gift opportunities, visit http://giving.yale.edu/ways-to-give/how-to-gift or contact Roopashree Narasimhaiah, Associate Vice President for Development at (203) 436-8504 or email@example.com.
Making a Difference
Yale School of Medicine is fortunate to have the ongoing support of a loyal and large group of alumni, parents, and friends, who give in many ways:
- through unrestricted annual giving
- capital gifts in support of priorities such as student aid, faculty research, and facilities
- special reunion contributions
- planned gifts
- grants and awards from corporations and foundations
However you choose to support Yale — and at whatever level — your generosity is both essential and truly appreciated. Every gift counts.
Make a gift, pledge, or payment online.
How to Make a Gift
Alumni, parents, and friends make gifts to Yale with many kinds of assets and in a variety of forms. Options include cash, checks, credit card payments, gifts of marketable securities, and other assets.