DEI Resources For Faculty & Staff
- Director of Scientist Diversity and InclusionThe Director of Scientist Diversity and Inclusion connects faculty from underrepresented groups in the basic sciences across Yale School of Medicine with mentorship teams and serves as a supportive resource for those faculty as they navigate their careers, helping to connect them with leadership and funding opportunities and with colleagues who share their identities and experiences.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging Resources The Harvey Cushing/John Hay Whitney Medical Library has consolidated resources related to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging at Yale on topics such as race and racism in medicine; disability studies; DEI for children and families; and LGBTQIA+ health resources.
- Faculty Development & DiversityThe Faculty Development & Diversity team in the Office of the Provost is responsible for initiatives to enhance faculty excellence and diversity throughout all of Yale’s schools, and is the central faculty affairs resource, supporting faculty-related strategic planning, policy development, data analysis, programs and events, and leadership development across Yale.
- Inclusive Faculty SearchesA Yale guide for best practices in inclusive faculty searches, including evaluating applications, how to measure excellence, and how to recognize and combat implicit and explicit bias.
- Women’s Leadership Resource LibraryA digital resource library with books, talks, podcasts, and videos related to women’s leadership, available to anyone with Yale Library access.
- Yale Medicine OutlistA listing of students, housestaff, clinicians, faculty, administrative staff and other members of the Yale School of Medicine and Yale New Haven Health System who identify as a sexual and/or gender minority, including but not limited to those who identify as lesbian, gay, trans*, queer or intersex (LGBTQI+)
DEI Organizations for Faculty & Staff
Dean’s Advisory Council on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Intersex Affairs (DAC)
Minority Organization for Retention and Expansion (MORE)
Office of Women in Medicine and Science (OWIMS)
Committee on the Status of Women in Medicine (SWIM)