Yale School of Medicine seeks to create an inclusive environment where diversity thrives and there is a genuine commitment to continuously improve inclusion and a sense of belonging for every member of YSM.
Our inclusion strategies are as follows:
Strategy 1: Enhance YSM’s Ability to Measure Inclusive Excellence and Respond Appropriately
- Build a database to collect and track the data below, analyze qualitative and quantitative data, and develop high-level reports for YSM leadership.
- Contract with the AAMC to administer the Diversity Engagement Survey; and
- Utilize data to inform future action items at both the department and school level.
- Encourage departments to appoint a diversity and inclusion vice chair or champion.
Strategy 2: Provide Workshops and Trainings to Facilitate Understanding the Lived Experiences of YSM’s Diverse Community and Provide Tools to Maximize Interpersonal Communication
- Enhance and/or develop trainings for all members of the YSM community in the following areas:
- Unconscious bias
- Allyship and bystander training
- Crucial conversations/dialogues
- Leading across differences
- Race: A social construct
Click this button to visit the page in which the full plan is available for download.