The Harvey Cushing / John Hay Whitney Medical Library. is committed to helping faculty thrive in their research, educational, and clinical careers. In addition to an enormous breadth of collections, the library offers resources, classes, and other programs to support faculty throughout their academic and professional career.
Find your librarian connects you to your department's librarian. They are available for research consultations and tutorial on topics like literature searching, systemic review methodology, research data management, grant compliance, and much more.
Library Professional Development Resources
There are many professional development resources offered by the Cushing/Whitney Medical Library, some of which are delineated here:
- Academic poster resources contains tips, templates, and best practices for creating effective academic poster presentations.
- Classes and workshops are offered on computer skills, literature reviews, and more. Tutorials are pre-recorded on a variety of related library topics.
- Continuing medical education resources are offered on a variety of resources licensed through the library.
- Educational support connects faculty with a collection of links, resources, and information to help health science educators enhance their teaching.
- NIH public access policy provides instructions on how to comply with NIH guidance.
Spaces to work, meet, and collaborate
can be reserved at the Cushing/Whitney Medical Library.
Selected Services at the Library
Some selected resources available at the Cushing/Whitney Medical Library include:
Array of databases, resources, and tools can also be directly accessed. When connected to the Yale School of Medicine network, faculty gain access to many otherwise restricted platforms and full text. Some of those that are most commonly used include:
- PubMed@Yale is a search engine for accessing reference and abstracts on life sciences and biomedical topics.
- UpToDate is a point-of-care evidence-based medical resource.
- Web of Science are just two of the other search engines.
Bioinformatics support offers support for bioinformatics research questions, free software for Omics Data analysis, high-performance workstations, and training, presentation, and product demonstrations.
Research data support
connects faculty with a collection of information and services using health data curated by the Cushing/Whitney Medical Library.
- Scholarly communication provides information on open access publishing, copyright, authors's rights, predatory publishing, and more.
- Systematic review services connects faculty with libararians to provide advice on research questions, search stregies, and protocols.
Yale University Libraries
Those affiliated with Yale School of Medicine also have access to the breadth of Libraries of Yale University. These offer great resources, services, and places to work and study.