There are a number of general resources available to Yale School of Medicine faculty. We work in a wonderful academic environment with much to take advantage of. The sites and resources listed here are a stepping off point for the many specific resources in the following sections.
The University has many resources to support the School of Medicine. Central leadership works closely with those at the school. Some central activities that faculty may find helpful include:
- Life at Yale delineates a wide variety of offerings to the Yale Community. From Arts & Culture to Athletics & Recreation, check out what is going on.
- Parking and Transportation offers many services that can facilitate getting to where you need to be. These include, but are not limited to, on-site vehicle parking and bike parking, as well as free shuttle service.
- Payne Whitney Gymnasium is a great place to work out, see sports events, and more. The gym, a 14 story gothic style building, has 12 acres of indoor space housing numerous exercise rooms, dance studios, swimming pools, men’s and women’s locker rooms, saunas, a jogging track, free weight and pin-selector strength training equipment, and a wide variety of cardio exercise equipment.
- Public safety is a priority at the University, whether this be routine patrolling of our community, downloading the LiveSafe App, or responding to a crime.
- University Map can be helpful to navigate around campus.
- Yale Daily News keeps the Yale Community updated and connected with what is going on throughout the University and New Haven.
- Yale directory can be used to search for a person, organization, or service.
Yale School of Medicine
Yale School of Medicine (YSM) is at the forefront of educating tomorrow’s physician-scientists, advancing medicine through scientific discovery, and improving health. Some of the School of Medicine offerings that faculty may find helpful include:
- YSM Policies, Procedures, Guidelines & Forms outline Yale’s expectations of its community members, enhance operational efficiency, mitigate risk, and support compliance.
- Abbreviations are defined for the medical school.
- About Yale School of Medicine defines the mission, history, and breadth of our community. In addition, there is an index of all that you might be looking for at the School of Medicine.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) offers much to those organizing and those attending CME events. This is also included under the OAPD Teaching and Education section.
- Faculty Advisory Council (FAC) provides a forum for a diverse group of representatives to bring new ideas and concerns from a broad range of faculty to the Dean’s office.
- News at YSM is a great way to keep up to date with the latest news and publications of the School of Medicine.
- Office of Academic and Professional Development (OAPD) provides a roadmap to resources that are available to help faculty excel with their careers and development, as well as succeed with academic, educational, clinical, and personal goals.
- YSM Map can be helpful to navigate around campus.
- Cell Biology
- Cellular & Molecular Physiology
- Child Study Center
- Comparative Medicine
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Emergency Medicine
- History of Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Laboratory Medicine
- Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry
- Microbial Pathogenesis
- Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences
- Ophthalmology and Visual Science
- Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
- School of Public Health
- Therapeutic Radiology