Research & Publications
Dr. Lloyd Friedman recently published the results of a multicenter trial investigating the incidence of reversion of latent tuberculosis infection through the use of skin tests and interferon gamma release assays. He has been following a cohort of welfare patients in New York to assess the incidence of tuberculosis, AIDS, and death. His major focus currently is an experimental project on the association of a tuberculosis and asthma. His critical care efforts include participation as a study site principal investigator in a recently reported study on the use of drotrecogin alpha (activated) in early sepsis. He also has an interest in the improvement of medical care through the use of electronic medical records.
Specialized Terms: tuberculosis; AIDS; asthma
Extensive Research Description
Follow up of a cohort of NYC drug and alcohol users for the development of TB AIDS and death.
The ability of chitinase to protect against tuberculosis
Development of a new mechanical ventilation weaning algorithm
Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome; Asthma; Lung; Respiration; Tuberculosis; Pulmonary Medicine; Electronic Health Records
- Clinical TuberculosisFriedman, LN, Dedicoat M, Davies P, editors. Clinical Tuberculosis, 6th edition. Boca Raton: CRC Press, Inc. 2020
- Guidelines for the treatment of tuberculosis disease and infectionSosa L, Friedman LN. In: Friedman LN, Dedicoat M, Davies P, editors. Guidelines for the treatment of tuberculosis disease and infection. In Clinical Tuberculosis, 6th ed. Boca Raton: CRC Press, Inc. 2020
- Tuberculosis and biologic therapies: anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha and beyondGodfrey MS, Friedman LN. Tuberculosis and biologic therapies: anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha and beyond. In Lewinsohn DM, Daley CL, editors. Clinics in Chest Medicine, Amsterdam: Elsevier, Inc. 2019
- Connecticut Tuberculosis Risk AssessmentConnecticut Tuberculosis Risk Assessment . Connecticut Department of Public Health. 2019
- Tuberculosis in PregnancyFriedman LN, Tanoue LT. Tuberculosis in Pregnancy. UpToDate, Inc., Waltham, Mass
- Standards of care for patients with suspected and confirmed drug-susceptible tuberculosis in Connecticut: reporting, diagnosis and treatment.Connecticut Department of Public Health
- Electronic DOT (eDOT): Guidelines and ProceduresElectronic DOT (eDOT): Guidelines and Procedures. Connecticut Department of Public Health. 2016
- International Standards for Tuberculosis Care (ISTC)International Standards for Tuberculosis Care (ISTC). The Hague. 2007
- Tuberculosis: Current Concepts and TreatmentFriedman LN, editor. Tuberculosis: Current Concepts and Treatment. 2nd ed. Boca Raton: CRC Press, Inc., 2000.