Research & Publications
Dr. Tanoue is Director of the Yale Lung Cancer Screening and Nodule Program, and Principle Investigator for the Yale Lung Cancer Biorepository. Her research interests are focused on early detection and risk stratification for lung cancer, and the development of quality metrics for lung cancer evaluation and lung cancer screening.
Specialized Terms: Lung cancer; Thoracic oncology
Lung Neoplasms; Respiration; Thoracic Neoplasms; Pulmonary Medicine
- Lung CancerTanoue, LT. Lung Cancer. In Yearbook of Pulmonary Medicine 2011. JA Barker, Ed. Elsevier Mosby, Philadelphia. 2011, pp 61-106.
- Lung Cancer in Older Patients.Gettinger S. and Tanoue, LT. Lung Cancer in Older Patients. In Aging and Lung Diseases, M. Pisani Ed, Springer, New York, 2011, pp 89-110.
- Lung CancerTanoue. LT. Lung Cancer. In Breathing in America: Diseases, Progress, and Hope. Ed. De Schraufnagel. American Thoracic Society 2010, pp. 109-120.
- Pulmonary Problems in Lung Cancer SurvivorsMiller K and Tanoue LT. Pulmonary Problems in Lung Cancer Survivors. In Medical and Psychosocial Care of the Cancer Survivor. KD Miller, Ed. Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Sudbury, MA. 2009, pp 299-312.
- Lung Cancer: Epidemiology and Carcinogenesis.Dela Cruz C, Tanoue LT, and Matthay RT. Lung Cancer: Epidemiology and Carcinogenesis. In General Thoracic Surgery, Seventh Edition; Shields TW, Locicero J III, Reed CD, and Feins RH, and Rusch VW, Eds. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia. 2009, pp 1281-1298.
- Pulmonary Toxicity Associated With Chemotherapeutic Agents.Tanoue LT and McArdle J. Pulmonary Toxicity Associated With Chemotherapeutic Agents. In Fishman’s Textbook of Pulmonary Disorders and Diseases, 3rd Edition, A.P.Fishman, Ed., McGraw Hill, Inc., New York, pp 1067-1102.
- Lung Cancer: Clinical Evaluation and StagingTanoue, LT. “Lung Cancer: Clinical Evaluation and Staging”, in Comprehensive Respiratory Medicine, Ed. SG Spiro SG and G Silvestri, Mosby, London, in press.