Research & Publications
Jessica Hoffmann, Ph.D., is a research scientist at the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence where she currently serves as the director of implementation science.
Jessica received her B.A. in psychology and sociology from Brandeis University, and her M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in clinical psychology from Case Western Reserve University. Jessica specializes in working within school settings to develop approaches and programming (RULER and inspirED) aimed at enhancing children’s creativity, promoting positive school climates, and enhancing mental health. Her current research focuses on the efficacy of RULER and inspirED for secondary schools, including the impact of emotion skills instruction on school climate, creative problem-solving, and emotion regulation ability.
Education & Training
- Postdoctoral Research AssociateYale Center for Emotional Intelligence (2016)
- PhDCase Western Reserve University, Clinical Psychology (2013)
- Psychology InternThe Village for Families and Children (2013)
- MACase Western Reserve University, Clinical Psychology (2010)
- BABrandeis University, Psychology & Sociology (2006)
- Program evaluation and the impact of teaching through the arts.Santander, CB, Spain 2019The International Conference on Creativity, Emotions, and the Arts
- Build emotional intelligence skills that last a lifetimeParis, IDF, France 2017the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), 6th Informal Working Group Meeting – Education 2030
- RULER for High Schools in MexicoGuadalajara, Jal., Mexico; Monterrey, N.L., Mexico 2016A project to bring RULER to the Prepa Tec network of schools across Mexico.
- Emotions, creativity and the arts courses for adolescents and families: Facilitator trainingSantander, CB, Spain 2014Botin Foundation Creativity, Emotions and the Arts Courses
Honors & Recognition
|Shubert Center for Child Studies, Cora Unger Brisky Endowment||Case Western Reserve University||2010|
|Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence||Member of the YCEI Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Demographics Committee||2022 - Present|
|APA Division 10, Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts||Secretary for the APA Division 10 Executive Committee||2021 - Present|
|APA Division 10, Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts||Member-at-large for the APA Division 10 Executive Committee||2018 - 2021|