Andrea Benin, MD
Associate Professor Adjunct of Biostatistics (Health Informatics)
Research & Publications
Andrea Benin, MD is Associate Professor Adjunct of Biostatistics (Health Informatics). In addition, Dr. Benin is Chief, Surveillance Branch, Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, National Center for Emerging Zoonotic and Infectious Diseases at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In this position, Dr. Benin has a leadership role in the National Healthcare Safety Network, the nation’s online surveillance system for tracking healthcare-associated infections and conditions as well as antimicrobial use and resistance.
Dr. Benin is a pediatrician with background and training in research, informatics, public health, epidemiology, and infectious diseases.
Education & Training
- FellowYale School of Medicine (2006)
- FellowYale School of Medicine (2005)
- FellowYale School of Medicine (2003)
- Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS)Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2000)
- ResidentDartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (1998)
- InternDartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (1996)
- MDTufts University School of Medicine (1995)
- BADartmouth College (1991)