Yale CV Part 2 (CV2) UPDATED
Yale CV2 is an opportunity for faculty to highlight how they contribute to Yale School of Medicine, Yale University, and the academic world beyond in ways that are not fully captured on the Yale CV1. CV2 OVERVIEW VIDEO.
Additionally, faculty may submit a supplemental narrative on how COVID has impacted their work. This can include any professional or personal circumstances that have altered clinical, educational, or research/ scholarly activities. This optional COVID impact statement should be no longer than 500 words.
Yale CV2 has evolved to better capture information about the different aspects of faculty careers. The objectives of these revisions are to:
- Develop more streamlined narrative statements
- Focus data sections on easily obtained metrics
- Emphasize that only the most applicable information should be included
- Reduce duplicative text and data
- Encourage the use of this document for mentoring purposes
Yale CV2 Outline
General and mission-specific activities (clinical, educational, and research/scholarship) are highlighted in narratives (CV2A). Select supporting data are then delineated (CV2B).
Please keep in mind the Faculty Tracks, Ranks, & Positions information (and, if applicable, YSM Ladder Faculty Track Metrics) for your current or proposed rank and track as you complete CV2. This should help you focus on activities most relevant to your carrier as you write the narratives (CV2A) and select supporting data (CV2B).
The narratives should focus on areas most relevant to a faculty's career. While potential topics to include in each of the narratives are described, other related activities can be included as appropriate. Narrative descriptions should be written in language that is comprehensible to faculty reviewers who may be outside of one’s academic subspecialty.
It has been requested that example narratives be available. Please keep in mind that every faculty has different focuses and strengths, but examples (login required) will be made available as narratives with the newer formatted become available.
Only include areas and any of the suggested sub-areas if you consider these noteworthy and important contributions. Do not repeat information within or across sections.
- A1. Narrative overview of responsibilities and contributions
- A2. Narrative overview of contributions to the well-being of the community
- A3. Narrative on clinical activities
- A4. Narrative on educational activities
- A5. Narrative on research/scholarship activities
B. Supportive data
- A1. Narrative overview
- A2. Narrative community
- A3. Narrative clinical
- A4. Narrative educational
- A5. Narrative research
- B1. Percent effort
- B2. Data clinical
- B3. Data educational
- B4. Data research
Narrative overview of responsibilities and contributions
Maximum 150 words
Provide a high-level summary of your academic position which sets the stage for more in-depth discussions of each of the YSM missions in subsequent narratives.
- Your role in the department, YSM, and beyond
- Major activities, accomplishments, and positions
- Areas most aligned with your area(s) of expertise, track, and rank
- Local, regional, national, or international presence and accomplishments that support your current or proposed position/promotion
- Resources to keep in mind are those that highlight your specific track and rank, which include: