Dr. Ionita completed his pediatrics and child neurology training at the SUNY Downstate. He later completed pediatric neuromuscular fellowship at the UT Southwestern. Dr. Ionita's clinical interests are in pediatric neuromuscular disorders, electrophysiological studies in children and pediatric headache disorders. He is the Co-Director of Yale New Haven Children's Hospital MDA Care Center and the Director of the Comprehensive Pediatric Headache Clinic. He is interested in clinical trials in pediatric neuromuscular disorders.
Education & Training
- MDCarol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy (1997)
- Pediatric Neuromuscular FellowUT Southwestern
- Child Neurology ResidentSUNY Downstate
- Pediatrics ResidentSUNY Downstate
- Board CertificationAB of Psychiatry & Neurology, Neurology with Special Qual in Child Neurology (2006, recertified: 2016)
- Board CertificationAB of Psychiatry & Neurology, Neuromuscular Medicine (2009)