Skip to Main Content

International Students

International students will be evaluated for financial aid in the same need-based manner as U.S. citizens (with the one exception of loan sources) and are eligible for Yale School of Medicine scholarship funds as part of their financial aid award.

Required Components of Financial Aid Application

The evaluation of 'need' for financial aid is based on information provided by applicants through the following sources:

Application Instructions

1. Yale School of Medicine Application for Financial Aid

All incoming and returning students applying for financial assistance must complete the current academic year application form, which is available on our website.

2. CSS Profile

If you want to be considered for Yale School of Medicine funds (Yale Scholarship, Yale Graduate and Professional International Loan) you must complete a CSS Profile application. The CSS Profile Application must include your parents' financial information along with your own income and assets.


    If you are married, you must include your spouse's income and asset information. If you are planning to be married during the current academic year, you must also provide your significant other's income and asset information.
    If your parents are legally divorced or separated, your custodial parent must complete the CSS Profile. The custodial parent will remain the same each year. If parents are not legally separated, we need both parents information.

The Yale School of Medicine requires you to submit a CSS Profile Application to receive financial aid. There is a charge for filing this form.

The CSS Profile application should be filled out online and submitted electronically. You can find the online application HERE.

3. 2022 Income tax returns and wage statements

Please submit a signed copy of your parents’ complete tax return, including wage statements.

Please convert all figures into US currency and provide a translation of all documents.

4. Parent and/or Student Non-tax Filer Income Statement

This form is needed if parents are not required to file an income tax return.

If your parents did not and are not required to file a tax return for 2022, you must provide a current academic year Parent Non-Tax Filing Statement along with income documentation. Please convert all figures into US currency and provide a translation of all documents.

If you the student did not and are not required to file a tax return for 2022, you must provide a Student Non-Tax Filer Statement along with income documentation. Please convert all figures into US currency and provide a translation of all documents.

5. International Business Supplement
International Business Supplement —international students and parents
6: Certificate of Information
7. Request to Disclose Financial Aid Information (Optional)

All information in your financial aid file is considered confidential. If you want us to discuss any portion of your financial aid award with your parents, or if your parents want to allow us to discuss their financial situation with you, we need permission. A signed Statement of Disclosure form must be provided if you are giving this permission. If you do not sign this form, the details of your financial file will be kept confidential.

2024-2025 Request to Disclose Financial Aid Information (Buckley)

  • These forms must be submitted before financial need can be calculated and a financial aid award is determined.

Additional Information

Please click through the sections below for important information concerning student and parent income, employment status of spouses, private loans, Yale resources, and additional contacts.

Students must provide proof of support for the length of the program. If a student is being supported by a foreign government or agency, the student must have a signed statement from a government or agency official attesting to the level and time period of the support.

Note: This statement can be mailed to the Yale School of Medicine’s Office of Admissions, 367 Cedar St., ESH 2nd Floor, New Haven, CT 06510. Or you can fax it to 203-436-9762, or email it to

Frequently Asked Questions

Income Information for International Students and Parents

International applicants must provide income information for their parents for the 2022 financial year. This information may be provided in one of two ways, depending on the applicant’s circumstances:

  • Submit the local equivalent of a US tax return from the applicant's home country. If this does not exist, you should submit a statement from the employer confirming all income.
  • Provide documentation from the employer confirming 2022 income.

International tax forms and employer certifications must be submitted both in the original language and (if not originally in English) with an accompanying notarized English translation. In addition, all financial aid documents that contain references to non-U.S. currency must include the prevailing exchange rate to US dollars at the time the forms are submitted. All returns must be converted to US dollars prior to submitting and the conversion tool used provided to our office.

Currency Converter

Spouses of International Students

Spouses of students with F-1 status cannot work in the United States. Spouses of J-1 students may apply for employment permission from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services. This approval is essential, as unauthorized employment in the United States by a student's spouse who has a temporary visitor visa could lead to legal complications or even deportation. If you are interested in J-1 student status, as opposed to F-1 student status, please go to the OISS website at You should also speak with an adviser at OISS.

Office of International Students & Scholars

The Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) is Yale’s representative for all matters relating to foreign nationals and their relationship to the United States government and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service of the Department of Homeland Security.

After receiving a proof of support from a student, OISS will issue a new I-20 form. Students may not use an I-20 or a visa that was supported by another university in the United States. Medical students at Yale, as well as other international graduate and professional students, are generally issued F-1 student status. Information about the F-1 visa may be found at the following OISS site:

Deadline Reminder

If your financial aid application is not completed by the deadline, you may not have your financial aid award in time.

  • March 1: New MD and Campus PA students
  • September 2nd: New PA Online students
  • April 15th: Returning Students

Please check your YaleHub account for missing documents and award information.

International Students: When providing international taxes, please make sure documents are notarized and all amounts are transcribed to US currency. Failure to do so will result in your application being returned to you as incomplete.

Do You Need Accessibility Help?

If you need assistance with any of the resources on this page, please reach out directly to: