The degree of Doctor of Medicine is conferred upon students who have satisfactorily completed the requirements stated below:
- Successful completion of all required pre-clerkship courses and clinical experiences
- Successful completion of all required clinical clerkships
- Satisfactory performance on the P-OSCE and C-OSCE
- Satisfactorily meet all nine YSM competencies.
- Students must have taken and passed USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Exam) Step 1 and Step 2 CK.
- Satisfactory completion of a sub-internship. Students may take a given sub-internship up to two times to fulfill the graduation requirement.
- Satisfactory completion of the Capstone course and any required assessments.
- Satisfactory completion of forty weeks of study in the final year, including one required sub-internship and the Capstone course. The remaining weeks may be devoted to electives, additional sub-internships, approved dual degree coursework, and supervised research.
- Satisfactory completion of the Medical Student Thesis Requirement.
- Continued satisfactory fulfillment of the YSM Professionalism Standards.
- Continuing to meet YSM Technical, Non-Academic Standards.
- No unresolved concerns regarding academic performance.