How to Apply to the MD Program
Application to the Yale School of Medicine MD program requires submission of:
- The AMCAS Application
- The Yale Secondary Application
- MCAT Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- A non-refundable application fee of $95, or an AMCAS Fee Waiver (obtained though the AAMC Fee Assistance Program)
For more detailed information, please review the Yale School of Medicine Bulletin.
- AMCAS Application deadline: October 15
- Yale Secondary Application deadline: November 15
- Letters of recommendation and other supporting materials deadline: November 15
- Interview invitations sent out: August-February
- Applicants notified of admissions decision: By March 15
The Committee on Admissions will begin reviewing applications in the summer. In-person interviews with members of the Committee on Admissions are required, and interview invitations will be sent out by email from August to February. Applicants to the MD Program who are invited for an interview will meet with two members of the MD Program Committee on Admissions.
The Admissions Committee will notify all applicants of their decision by March 15. All students offered admission are required to respond to their offer of admission by end of day April 30. All students who are accepted and commit to enroll must immediately withdraw from all other schools to which they were offered admission. They must also send a tuition deposit of $100 with their response form to reserve a place in the class. The deposit is refundable until April 30 and will be applied to tuition charges in the fall semester. Please see our decision notification timeline and protocols for more information.