Financial Literacy Resources
The Financial Aid Office provides a number of resources and useful links to information and services designed to assist you as you determine how to finance your medical education.
AAMC Financial Wellness Program
With the AAMC Financial Wellness program, account holders will have free access to financial calculators, articles, and videos to create a budget, track spending, create financial goals, and enhance their financial knowledge about credit, financial planning, money management, and more.
MedLoans Organizer and Calculator (MLOC)
The MedLoans® Organizer and Calculator (MLOC) was developed to assist medical students and residents with managing their education debt. The MLOC provides a secure location to organize and track student loans while also displaying possible repayment plans and costs based on the borrower’s student loan debt.
AAMC FIRST Videos and Webinars
Video and webinar topics include: paying for medical school, money management, cost of residency interviews, postponing loan repayment, selecting a student loan repayment plan, managing your loans during residency, and much more.
Department of Education
Internal Revenue Service Information
Tax legislation passed in the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 allows deductions from income tax returns for both students and their parents. To find out more about these changes, go to the IRS website or the Yale University Tax Office.
- Main IRS website
- IRS Forms & Publications — If you need income tax return information or forms, the IRS website will give you access to whatever you need.
Yale University Tax Office
- Graduate and Professional Students and Postdoctoral Fellows
- Tax Resources for International Students & Scholars
Loan Repayment Programs
- Faculty Loan Repayment Information
- NIH Loan Repayment Program
- NHSC Loan Repayment Programs/Indian Health Service
- National Foundation for Consumer Credit Home Page, Equifax Credit Bureau Home Page, & Experian Credit Bureau
- Tax Credit Reporting Service
- Trans Union Credit Report
Financial Planning and Debt Management:
Do You Need Accessibility Help?
If you need assistance with any of the resources on this page, please reach out directly to: