Matthew Austin, MD
Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine (Medical Oncology)
Research & Publications
“Immunobiologic Effects of Corticosteroids in Patients with Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor-Induced Toxicity” Dr. Harriet Kluger, Mentor
Extensive Research Description
During his training, Dr. Austin collaborated with Dr. Harriet Kluger on studies looking at utilizing a large-scale autoantibody assay to profile the humoral response to immunotherapy in patients with cancer and RNA sequencing and mutational analysis of tumors in patients with checkpoint inhibitor-induced type I diabetes.
Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors
- The State of Morning Report in the Current Healthcare Landscape: a National Survey of Internal Medicine Program Directors.Lessing JN, McGarry K, Schiffman F, Austin M, Hepokoski M, Keniston A, Tammaro D, Finn KM. The State of Morning Report in the Current Healthcare Landscape: a National Survey of Internal Medicine Program Directors. Journal Of General Internal Medicine 2022, 37: 1665-1672. PMID: 34585310, PMCID: PMC8477724, DOI: 10.1007/s11606-021-07010-1.
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor-Induced Hypophysitis and Patterns of Loss of Pituitary FunctionJessel S, Weiss SA, Austin M, Mahajan A, Etts K, Zhang L, Aizenbud L, Perdigoto AL, Hurwitz M, Sznol M, Herold KC, Kluger HM. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor-Induced Hypophysitis and Patterns of Loss of Pituitary Function Frontiers In Oncology 2022, 12: 836859. PMID: 35350573, PMCID: PMC8958012, DOI: 10.3389/fonc.2022.836859.
- Enforcing the "4T": An In-Line Calculator for HIT Antibody Ordering in the Electronic Medical Record.Zayac AS, Hilliard RW, Olszewski AJ, Pelcovits A, Reagan JL, Hsu A, Riley D, Austin M, Ollila TA. Enforcing the "4T": An In-Line Calculator for HIT Antibody Ordering in the Electronic Medical Record. Rhode Island Medical Journal (2013) 2020, 103: 78-83. PMID: 33003686.
- Targeting Innate Immunity to Treat CancerAustin M, Kluger H. Targeting Innate Immunity to Treat Cancer Cancers 2020, 12: 2723. PMID: 32977403, PMCID: PMC7597964, DOI: 10.3390/cancers12102723.
- Prevalence and Effect on Survival of Pulmonary Hypertension in Myelofibrosis.Austin M, Quesenberry PJ, Ventetuolo CE, Liang O, Reagan JL. Prevalence and Effect on Survival of Pulmonary Hypertension in Myelofibrosis. Clinical Lymphoma, Myeloma & Leukemia 2019, 19: 593-597. PMID: 31262666, PMCID: PMC6814397, DOI: 10.1016/j.clml.2019.05.009.