I am a Library Services Assistant at Cushing/Whitney Medical Library.
My job duties include :
- Coordinating front-line services at the Information Desk in the Cushing/Whitney Medical Library
- Perform all duties of a front-line service assistant as appropriate to meet operational needs
- Organize department education calendar
- Room reservations
- Serve as a source of information on established procedures and policies for staff and patrons
- Assist with printing, photocopying, and scanning
- Handle and refer a wide range of questions in person, by telephone, and via email
- Assist patrons with online searches and database selection
- Provide assistance requesting interlibrary loan material and related inquiries
- Train library staff who are members of the Cross-Departmental Team
While a life learner, I have earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Information and Library Science with a concentration in Psychology. Because of the time spent in the physical and virtual library, I decided to pursue and earn a Master of Library of Science degree. As a result, there are more opportunities to further assist patrons/customers in their quest for knowledge and enlightenment.