Dr. Richard Gusberg's clinical interests are aortic aneurysms (including thoraco-abdominal), aortic occlusive disease, carotid disease, stroke prevention, arterial disease of the kidneys and intestines (renovascular disease, hypertension, mesenteric ischemia), arterial disease of the legs, limb preservation, standard (open) surgery and minimally invasive (endovascular) interventions, with an emphasis on quality of life and functional outcomes.
His research interests are informed consent; carotid surgery and neurocognition; health care disparaties; and simulation in education.
Education & Training
- MDColumbia University (1970)
- FellowColumbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY
- ResidentColumbia-Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY
- Medical Exchange ProgramTurkey 2008Professor Gusberg conducted faculty and student exchange programs, sending researchers from Yale to the Cerrahpasa Medical School and the University of Istanbul, and hosting researchers at Yale. The project has been completed.
- Residency ExchangeIceland 2008Professor Gusberg oversaw a Yale School of Medicine resident exchange program with the University of Iceland. The project has been completed.