Research & Publications
I am an obstetric-trained clinical anesthesiologist at Yale New Haven Hospital, Assistant Professor with Yale School of Medicine, and Director of OB Anesthesia Resident Education. My career focus is medical education. At my previous institution, I was involved with resident teaching through simulation training sessions and also served as an academic house clinical advisor providing mentorship, support, and guidance to anesthesia residents.
My journey as an educator began in 2001 at UC Berkeley where I taught ethics and political philosophy to incoming freshmen. Through this experience, I began to understand how psychosocial cues — including the implicit and explicit messages that educators convey — can have a profound impact on student performance.
Currently, I am investigating the utility of Entrustable Professional Activities (EPAs) in anesthesiology resident training and whether or not they aid in developing improved clinical acumen.
My other clinical interests include developing a protocol to decrease the incidence of maternal birth-related trauma and validating tools to identify women most at risk for postpartum depression.
Education & Training
- Clinical FellowYale New Haven Hospital (2020)
- ResidentTufts Medical Center (2019)
- InternHarbor-UCLA Medical Center (2016)
- MDUniversity of Colorado, School of Medicine, Medicine (2015)
- BAUniversity of California, Berkeley, Psychology (2000)
- How OB Anesthesiologists Can Improve Resident EducationChicago, IL, United States 2023University of Chicago, OB Anesthesia Divisional Grand Rounds
- Hypertensive Disorders of PregnancyBoston, MA, United States 2022Tufts Medical Center, Grand Rounds
Honors & Recognition
|Faculty Education Award in Obstetric Anesthesia||Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center||2022|
|Yale School of Medicine||Yale Interprofessional Longitudinal Clinical Experience, Clinical Tutor||2023 - 2024|
|Yale School of Medicine||Program Evaluation Committee Chair for the Yale Obstetric Anesthesiology Fellowship||2023 - 2024|
|YaleMedicine.org||Macmillan, C. “Epidurals During Childbirth: What Women Should Know.” https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/epidural-anesthesia.||2023 - Present|
|Connecticut State Society of Anesthesiologists||Participant||2022 - Present|
|Society for Education in Anesthesia||Committee Member||2021 - Present|
|Society for Obstetric Anesthesia and Perinatology||Member||2019 - Present|