Research & Publications
Dr. Jilaveanu conducts laboratory-based clinical/translational research in melanoma focusing on predictive and prognostic biomarkers using a variety of molecular biology techniques and analytical technologies. Dr. Jilaveanu has been involved in numerous correlative studies of novel therapeutic agents for metastatic melanoma. More recently the focus of her research resides in understanding the biology and the mechanisms involved in the development of brain metastasis, uncovering novel mediators of brain metastasis and biomarker discovery for patients with melanoma that has metastasized to the brain.
Education & Training
- Associate Research ScientistYale University School of Medicine (2014)
- Post-Doctoral FellowYale University, School of Medicine (2011)
- PhDWesleyan University (2007)
- InternIntern, Sf. Pantelimon Emergency Hospital, Bucharest, Romania (2000)
- MDCarol Devila University of med. Bucharest Romania (1999)