Kamal Addagatla, MD, MS, DABS, is an Assistant Professor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in the Department of Surgery and cares for patients as part of the Smilow Cancer Hospital Care Centers in Trumbull, Bridgeport, and New Haven, CT. Dr. Addagatla specializes in reconstructive surgery, aesthetic breast and body contouring, and the breadth of general plastic surgery.
Having completed training in both General Surgery and Plastic Surgery, including a Fellowship in Reconstructive Microsurgery at Yale New Haven Hospital, he has a particular interest and expertise in post-mastectomy reconstruction and is able to offer implant-based or autologous options such as local tissue (i.e. latissimus and TDAP) and free flap (i.e. DIEP, PAP, and stacked flaps) reconstructive techniques for his patients.
In the past, Dr. Addagatla has contributed to both research and quality improvement studies, as well as participated in teaching junior residents and medical students at the Stamford Hospital, an affiliate of the Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons, where he served as Academic Chief Resident, at Cooper Medical School of Rowan University where he served as Clinical Instructor, and at Yale New Haven Hospital where he served as Clinical Microsurgery Fellow. He is passionate about quality improvement in healthcare and educating the community about post-mastectomy reconstruction and advances in microsurgical techniques. He is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery.
Dr. Addagatla takes great pride in delivering the highest quality of care to his patients in a relaxed and comfortable environment. When he meets with patients, he aims to understand their individual goals and desires, and create a surgical plan that is uniquely ideal for them.
Education & Training
- Microsurgery FellowshipYale New Haven Hospital (2022)
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery ResidencyCooper University Hospital (2021)
- General Surgery ResidencyStamford Hospital / affiliate of the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons (2018)
- MDJacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University at Buffalo (2013)
- MSGeorgetown University, Physiology and Biophysics (2009)
- BSCornell University, Biology Major, Microbiology Concentration (2008)
- Board CertificationAB of Surgery, Surgery General (2019)