Research & Publications
I completed my MD and PhD training at Yale School of Medicine in 2008 and 2007, respectively. My PhD work was performed in the laboratory of Peter Cresswell in Immunobiology studying the biochemistry of MHC class I peptide loading. After graduating from Yale, I completed a residency in Clinical Pathology and Fellowship in Medical Microbiology at Yale-New Haven Hospital. I joined the faculty in the Department of Laboratory Medicine at Yale School of Medicine in 2011.
I currently serve as the Director of the Medical Microbiology Laboratory at Yale-New Haven Hospital and the Director of the Virology Reference Laboratory at the West Haven Veteran's Administration Hospital. These laboratories perform complex and comprehensive testing for bacteria, mycobacteria, yeast, molds, parasites, and viruses for patients and veterans in Connecticut and New England.
I am interested in the interaction between basic and clinical sciences and using the tools and resources of these communities to further our understanding of the mechanisms of organism pathogenesis and improving diagnostics available for the more rapid and/or accurate identification of infectious diseases.
Education & Training
- MDYale School of Medicine (2008)
- PhDYale University School of Medicine (2007)
- BADepauw University (1999)
- FellowshipYale-New Haven Hospital
- Residency, ChiefYale-New Haven Hospital
- ResidencyYale-New Haven Hospital
- Board CertificationAB of Pathology, Medical Microbiology (2016)
- Board CertificationAB of Pathology, Clinical Pathology (2012)