I am a clinical consultative cardiologist with a focus on echocardiography to diagnosis a variety of heart conditions and manage risk factors which contribute to heart disease.
I have been practicing cardiology in New Haven and at Yale New Haven Hospital since 2001. I have been a member of the full-time faculty at Yale since 2013. In addition to seeing patients in both the office and hospital settings, I interpret echocardiograms at the hospital. I also spend a portion of my time in an administrative role, as I am the ambulatory medical director for Cardiovascular Medicine as well as for the Yale New Haven Hospital System Heart and Vascular Center.
I grew up in Texas where I attended medical school and I completed my residency and fellowship training in Boston.
Education & Training
- MDUniversity of Texas Southwestern Medical School (1994)
- BSTexas A & M University (1990)
- FellowshipBoston Medical Center, Boston University
- ResidencyBrigham & Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- InternshipBrigham & Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease (2000, recertified: 2010)
Honors & Recognition
|ACC-Merck Fellowship Award||American College of Cardiology||2000|
|E&M Committee Yale Medicine||Faculty Member||2020 - Present|
|Billing Compliance Committee Yale Medicine||Faculty Member||2019 - Present|
|American College of Cardiology Cardiosurve||CardioSurve is a select panel of ACC members who provide important insights and perspectives on the issues that affect today's cardiovascular professionals and assist the College in listening closely to the "voice of U.S. cardiologists."||2016 - 2017|
|Heart and Vascular Center-Operations Leadership Council||Council Member||2013 - 2015|