Teacher Well-Being and SEL Implementation Project Well-Being (SEL and EWB)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can participate?
- We are recruiting schools and districts serving students in grades 1-12 within the United States.
- What happens during the study?
Participating schools will survey teachers twice during the 2021-2022 school year. Before each survey administration period, we will provide you with a teacher recruitment email that you can forward to your teachers to invite their participation. In fall 2021 (late September-October), each school will be assigned to administer a survey about teacher well-being or a survey about social-emotional learning practices; both surveys are 15-20 minutes in length. In winter/spring 2022 (February-April), all schools will administer a survey that includes a subset of items about both teacher well-being and social-emotional learning practices; the combined survey will also be 15-20 minutes in length. All surveys will be applicable to in-person learning, distance learning, or hybrid learning.
After the close of the survey, each school with an adequate response rate will receive a report that summarizes its teachers’ responses. We will also provide a list of resources to help schools understand and act on their data.
- How is our information protected?
- All responses will be held in confidence. Only authorized Yale University researchers and personnel involved in this study will have access to information individual educators provide in the survey that could identify them. Schools will receive a report that summarizes survey responses in a way that individual participants cannot be identified.
- When is the study?
- We are recruiting schools now to participate through April 2022.
- What are the benefits of participating?
- This survey offers an opportunity for teachers to share their perspectives and contribute to efforts to support teacher well-being, school climate, and student success in this challenging era.
- How do we sign up?
- How are we compensated?
- As a token of our appreciation, each teacher who completes the survey will be offered a $10 gift card (total of $20 for teachers who participate in the fall and winter/spring).
- Can other schools from our district participate?
- We welcome other schools from your district or network!
- What is the process for getting enrolled?
- I have questions. Can I meet with the research team?
- Please reach out to our team by emailing us at email@example.com.
We are happy to meet with you if you have further questions about the project. Please email us to schedule a time to meet with members of the team.