Learn More About the CourseGet more information about the course overview, length, topic sequence, and takeaways.
Spread the Word on Social MediaInclude our pre-crafted social media posts and graphics in your editorial calendar.Access the Social Media Kit
Generate Awareness within Your CommunityShare the course announcement with your community with our email template.Download the Email Template
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register?
- CT school staff, please register via the Connecticut registration form.
- RI school staff, please register via the Rhode Island webpage.
- School staff from other states and countries should register via the Coursera webpage.
- Who is eligible to register?
- “Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty and Stress” is designed for PreK to 12 educators and school staff. Anyone is welcome to register for the national version of the course on Coursera.
- How much does the course cost?
- There is no course fee for CT and RI school staff.For other school staff registering via the Coursera link, there are two options available:
For both options, you get access to all course materials, including graded assignments.
- Purchase Course - $49 USD
- Full Course, No Certificate
When you select “Purchase Course,” upon completing the course, your electronic Certificate will be added to your Accomplishments page. From there, you can print your Certificate and/or add it to your LinkedIn profile.
Regardless of the option you choose, once you finish the course, Coursera will send you an email confirming that you completed the 10-hour course.
Please note that this course does not confer academic credit or student status at Yale University.
- When is the deadline to register?
Registration for this course is being offered on a rolling basis.
- How long does the course take to complete?
- 10 hours
- Should I take the course if I am already trained in RULER?
- We encourage you to take this course even if you have been trained in RULER. It will cover new strategies that are specific to the times and that will help you to be your best self and provide your students with the best possible learning experience regardless of whether they are attending school virtually, in-person, or via a hybrid model.
- How is this course different from RULER?
RULER is a systemic approach to SEL in which all leaders, educators, students, and families in a school community work together to create a common language around emotions. This includes multiple years of implementation starting with training for a core team and continuing with coaching support, access to an online platform of standards-aligned curricula for preK-12 classrooms, staff development guides, family education and engagement resources, web tools, support webinars, and informational newsletters.
This course is not part of or a replacement for RULER—it is an extension of our Center’s work that connects to the times. With the support of Dalio Education and government partners across the state of Connecticut, we are offering this course to individuals working in Connecticut schools so they have strategies to support their own well-being and show up to school as their best selves this fall. This course provides individuals working in schools with strategies to identify and manage emotions in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic and racial, political, and socioeconomic divides.
- When will I receive access to the course?
- You will receive an email within 6 business days of registering with detailed information about how to access the course content.
- Will I need to attend live sessions to complete the course?
- This is an asynchronous course that can be completed on your own time, at a pace that works for you.
- Can I access the course via a mobile device or tablet?
- Yes. This course is hosted by Coursera. You can download the Coursera mobile app here.
- What will I receive for completing this course?
- You will receive a certificate stating that you have successfully completed an online non-credit course authorized by Yale University offered through Coursera.