Comfort Ability Program Publications
- The comfort ability program for adolescents with sickle cell pain: Evaluating feasibility and acceptability of an inpatient group-based clinical implementation.Sil S, Lee JL, Klosky J, Vaz A, Mee L, Cochran S, Thompson B, Coakley R. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2021 Jun; 2021 Mar 19. PMID: 33742546.
- Mobilizing the psychology evidence base for the treatment of pediatric chronic pain: The development, implementation, and impact of the Comfort Ability Program.Coakley R, Bujoreanu S. Paediatr Neonatal Pain. 2020 Dec; 2020 Jun 16. PMID: 35548263.
- Differences Between Mothers' and Fathers' Perception of Their Adolescents' Pain Before and After Parent Training Through The Comfort Ability Pain Management Program.Donado C, Turrisi T, Wihak T, Coakley RB. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2019 Dec. PMID: 31634305.
- The Comfort Ability Pain Management Workshop: A Preliminary, Nonrandomized Investigation of a Brief, Cognitive, Biobehavioral, and Parent Training Intervention for Pediatric Chronic Pain.Coakley R, Wihak T, Kossowsky J, Iversen C, Donado C. J Pediatr Psychol. 2018 Apr 1. PMID: 29048506.
- Evidence-Based Psychological Interventions for the Management of Pediatric Chronic Pain: New Directions in Research and Clinical Practice.Coakley R, Wihak T. Children (Basel). 2017 Feb 4; 2017 Feb 4. PMID: 28165415.
Bento S, Hale A and Coakley R (2022) How Mind-Body Skills Can Reduce Pain and Improve Comfort. Front. Young Minds. 10:682687. doi: 10.3389/frym.2021.682687
Burns, M, BS, Hale, A., Riley, B, MD, Donado, C., Bujoreanu, S., Coakley, R. Parent Training through The Comfort Ability Program for Pediatric Chronic Pain Management: Self-Reported Expectations and Outcomes. Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology, in press.
Wihak, T., Burns, M., Miranda, J., Windmueller, G., Oakley, C., & Coakley, R. (2020). Development and feasibility testing of the Comfort Ability Program for sickle cell pain: A patient-informed, video-based pain management intervention for adolescents with sickle cell disease. Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology, 8(2), 150–163. https://doi.org/10.1037/cpp0000326