Student Emotion Regulation Assessment (SERA)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can participate?
- We are recruiting schools and districts serving students in grades 1-12 within the United States.
- What happens during the study?
Schools will forward an email to parents informing them of the survey and giving them an opportunity to opt out of their child’s participation.
School staff will proctor online survey sessions with students, which may be conducted in person or remotely. During these sessions, students will be invited to provide informed assent and complete the SERA. Student participation is voluntary. Students in grades 6-12 may complete the online surveys independently.
- How is our information protected?
- Participating students’ data is kept confidential within the research team. Individual students cannot be identified by their responses. Data reports are provided to the school at aggregated levels to protect anonymity.
- When is the study?
- We are currently enrolling schools on a rolling basis until the end of the 2021-2022 academic year.
- What are the benefits of participating?
- Schools will receive an aggregated data report on their students’ use of different emotion regulation strategies and guidance on how to support their students’ development of effective emotion regulation strategies in classroom settings. These personalized data reports can enhance educators’ awareness and understanding of students’ emotion regulation strategy use.
- How do we sign up?
- Please fill out this Google Form to get started.
- Can other schools from our district participate?
- We welcome other schools from your district or network.
- I have questions. Can I meet with the research team?
- Please contact the project team at email@example.com for more information.
We are happy to meet with you if you have further questions about the project. Please email us to schedule a time to meet with members of the team.