Lab and Faculty Websites
Like department and organization sites, lab and personal faculty websites are hosted in Tridion and have access to all the same features and functionality as a full department site.
Lab sites cannot be used for programs, centers or organizations focused on patient care. They are intended to help individual faculty promote their research and recruit well-qualified graduate students or post doctoral fellows.
It generally takes between 2 and 4 weeks to complete the initial build of a lab website, depending upon the amount of content to be included in the site.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can changes and modifications be made to this website?
- What scope of changes are possible?
There are two different parts to the design of the website:
- The website template, which covers the basic design of the site including navigation layout, site title area, left column footer, colors, and
- The content area on each page (center white area on the screen below the navigation bar).
In the website template, there are many different layouts available. There are also different color schemes for you to choose from.
Apart from design, any of the content on the site can be altered, including the navigation labels and structure.
- Who is responsible for maintaining Hosting?
The Office of Communications is responsible for maintaining all of the web systems (servers, content management system, applications, etc.), the website design and functionality, and making updates to these systems. You and your staff are responsible for the content on the website.