Research & Publications
Vladislav Ruchkin, MD, PhD, is a child psychiatrist, psychiatrist and forensic psychiatrist. He received his MD at the Arkhangelsk State Medical Institute, Russia, and his PhD in psychiatric epidemiology from Umea University, Sweden. He came to Yale as a Fulbright scholar in 1999, conducted his postdoctoral studies at the Child Study Center in 1999-2003 and has been a member of the faculty at the CSC since 2003.
Education & Training
- Clinical Fellow in Forensic PsychiatryThe National Board of Forensic Medicine, Stockholm, Sweden (2011)
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Child PsychiatryYale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT (2003)
- PhDUmeå University (1998)
- PhDArkhangelsk State Medical Institute (1997)
- Clinical and Research Fellow in Child and Adolescent PsychiatryArkhangelsk State Medical Academy, Arkhangelsk, Russia (1996)
- Resident in PsychiatryRegional Psychiatric Hospital #1, Arkhangelsk region, Russia (1994)
- MDArkhangelsk State Medical Institute (1993)
- Children of the Street in Mexico-city: Exposure to Violence and Mental HealthMexico (2004-2008)Randomized Controlled Study of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in Children at Risk for Homelessness in Mexico City
- Child development and attachment problems in institutionalized childrenArkhangel'sk, Arkhangelskaya, Russia 2002Assessment of child social and emotional development and of attachment problems in institutionalized children in Russia
- Early precursors of behavior problems in Russian preschool childrenArkhangel'sk, Arkhangelskaya, Russia (1999-2000)Parent-based survey of 2-4 year old children in Russian kindergartens
- Community-based epidemiological studies of youthAntwerpen, Flanders, Belgium; Prague, Praha, Czech Republic; Germany; Seoul, Seoul, South Korea; Lithuania; Mexico City, The Federal District, Mexico; Arkhangel'sk, Arkhangelskaya, Russia (1998-2005)The Social and Health Assessment (SAHA) - a school-based survey, addressing multiple aspects of adolescent health and functioning.
- Psychopathology in Russian juvenile delinquentsArkhangel'sk, Arkhangelskaya, Russia (1995-1999)Structured psychiatric assessment and psychological testing of incarcerated youth.