Research & Publications
Dr. Gettinger is internationally recognized for his expertise in lung cancer treatment and research. He is best known for his work in immunotherapy and targeted therapy for non-small cell lung cancer. He currently leads several clinical trials evaluating novel therapies for patients with lung cancer. His primary translational research interests include understanding mechanisms of sensitivity and resistance to molecularly targeted therapies and immunotherapies.
Education & Training
- MDState University of New York At Brooklyn College (1999)
- BSTrinity College (CT) (1991)
- FellowBeth Israel Medical Center, NY
- ResidentBeth Israel Medical Center, NY
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology (2005, recertified: 2015)