Research & Publications
Dr. Asnes provides diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization services for children and adults with congenital heart disease. Procedures Dr. Asnes performs in the catheterization laboratory include trancatheter heart valve implantation, atrial septal defect (ASD) and patent foramen ovale (PFO) closure, patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) closure, transcatheter treatment of aortic and pulmonary valve stenosis, transcatheter treatment of coarctation of the aorta, intravascular stent placement, and coil occlusion procedures. Dr. Asnes has extensive experience in the use of intracardiac echocardiography and is able to perform many of these procedures without the use of general anesthesia.
Dr. Asnes joined the Yale Pediatric Cardiology Section in July, 2005 after receiving additional training in interventional cardiac catheterization at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
Education & Training
- MDMount Sinai School of Medicine (1991)
- FellowCleveland Clinic Foundation
- FellowC.S. Mott Children's Hospital
- Chief ResidentMount Sinai Medical Center
- ResidentMount Sinai Medical Center
- InternMount Sinai Medical Center
- Board CertificationAB of Pediatrics, Pediatric Cardiology (2004, recertified: 2012)
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Adult Congenital Heart Disease (2017, recertified: 2018)
Honors & Recognition
|Resident Clinician of the Year Award||Department of Pediatrics, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY||2000|
|Phi Beta Kappa||Brandeis University, Waltham, MA||1991|