Research & Publications
Dr. Steinbacher is a Board Certified Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon who specializes in cleft, craniofacial, and maxillofacial surgery. His clinical interests also include cosmetic surgery of the face and body, rhinoplasty, facial reanimation for palsy, and facial reconstruction. His research encompasses tissue engineering and regeneration, fat grafting, distraction osteogenesis, stress shielding, and 3-dimensional analysis and planning.
Dr. Steinbacher obtained his MD from Harvard Medical School and his DMD from the University of Pennsylvania, both with honors. He received fellowship training in craniofacial surgery from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, completed the plastic and reconstructive surgery program at Johns Hopkins Hospital, and trained in oral/maxillofacial and general surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Learn more about one of Yale Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery's Craniofacial and Maxillofacial surgeons.
Education & Training
- Board CertificationAB of Plastic Surgery, Plastic Surgery (2011)
- Board CertificationAmerican Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (2010)
- FellowshipChildren's Hospital of Philadelphia (2010)
- ResidencyJohn Hopkins Hospital (2009)
- ResidencyMassachusetts General Hospital (2007)
- MDHarvard Medical School (2004)
- DMDUniversity of Pennsylvania (2001)