Research & Publications
Dr. Grunschel received an Sc.B. and an Sc.M. in Biomedical Engineering from Brown University, with a masters thesis on murine bone biomechanics, prior to completing her M.D. at Jefferson Medical College. After completing medical school, Dr. Grunschel completed her Psychiatry residency at Yale, serving as Chief Resident of Education for the residency and Chief Resident of Inpatient Psychiatry at VA-Connecticut Healthcare System in West Haven, CT. Upon completion of residency, Dr. Grunschel continued at Yale, completing an Addiction Psychiatry fellowship. She is board certified in Adult Psychiatry and in Addiction Psychiatry.
She works clinically in private practice.
Education & Training
- Addiction Psychiatry FellowYale School of Medicine (2015)
- ResidentYale School of Medicine (2014)
- Chief Resident of EducationYale School of Medicine (2014)
- Chief Resident, Inpatient PsychiatryVA-Connecticut Healthcare System (2014)
- MDJefferson Medical College (2010)
- ScMBrown University (2006)
- ScBBrown University (2004)
Honors & Recognition
|Honorable Mention for Innovation in Education||Yale Teaching and Learning Center||2015|
|Addiction Psychiatry Fellow Travel Award||American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry||2014|
|Excellence in Professionalism||Jefferson Medical College||2007|