Research & Publications
Dr. Amanda N. Kallen is Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Yale School of Medicine and a member of the Reproductive Scientist Development Program (RSDP). She obtained her medical degree at the University of Connecticut and completed her Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Yale-New Haven Hospital, followed by a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the Yale School of Medicine. During her fellowship, she was accepted into the RSDP scholar program, an NIH-funded physician-scientist training program committed to training young obstetrician-gynecologists in biomedical science. Upon completion of her fellowship, she was recruited to join the Yale Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
Dr. Kallen has published in leading scientific journals, and her current research program is focused on the investigation of the regulation of gene expression in granulosa cells. Her clinical interests include pediatric and adolescent gynecology and endocrinology, infertility, and premature ovarian insufficiency. She is the recipient of multiple awards for teaching, clinical excellence, and research, including the Yale University "Resident of Excellence" award, the North American Menopause Society / Teva Medical Resident Excellence Award, the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) Resident Reporter award, the Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics Resident Scholar award.
Dr. Kallen is highly active with the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), currently serving on the Executive Board as the national Junior Fellow Congress Advisory Council Chair. She is also a graduate of ACOG's Robert Cefalo Leadership Institute. Additionally, she plays an active role in medical student and resident education and serves as a faculty mentor for the Yale medical student Ob/Gyn Interest Group. Lastly, she serves as an Interactive Associate for Fertility & Sterility and a reviewer for multiple journals, and is a member of the ASRM Women's Council.
Education & Training
- MDUniversity of Connecticut School of Medicine (2007)
- Fellow in Reproductive Endocrinology & InfertilityYale School of Medicine
- Administrative Chief ResidentYale-New Haven Hospital
- ResidentYale-New Haven Hospital
- Board CertificationAB of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Obstetrics & Gynecology (2014, recertified: 2016)
- Board CertificationAB of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility (2017)
- Board CertificationAB of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Focused Practice in Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology (2019)